Spread those minutes out Geno | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Spread those minutes out Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
White flag waving. I give up! Who cares! Yes, I’ll jump in that hole to get out of this thread!
Please either read the post or ignore it! I promise I’ll shorten my posts!
gold digging GIF by Copeland
Crystal was not #1 in her class.

Reaction Score
All due respect, you didn't answer my concerns. That roster next year is top to bottom. A couple "left out" could be juniors. You don't have to explain Azzi to me.
Do me a favor: write out next year's roster, highlight the 6 you'll play and then look at the 6-9 players on that roster left over and tell me they shouldn't be playing basketball at the Div 1, top tier college level. OK, Piath is a project. Ow, you got me there.
I mentioned all those #1 recruits. Forgot Crystal. Now, explain the brilliant recruiting class that yielded us zero seniors this year. That class has hurt Geno the last two years because the team has had such a short bench. (even by your standards) That class has hurt the program arguably for 4 years. Even this year a tad.
Come on, at least read my points.

Let me get this straight -- you want me to define minutes from the rest of the players beyond the 1st 5 or 6 without even know ing the results of how this season will play out? And then to further for our conversation am I allowed to bench a player or two for "Body Language" like Geno does? In my minutes am I also allowed to give 5 minute estimations? 3 minute? 10 minute?

Further- can't I redshirt any player? Do we know Geno won't?

Also- who said that the other players can't play division 1? Are you suggesting that a player that doesn't play above 10 minutes at UCONN cant play division 1? I get you're being sarcastic - but if your attitude is that a player that doesn't get 10 minutes at UCONN somehow means that I'm implying that she stinks that would be beyond the universe of off base. All I;m saying is that you've just made an enormous exaggeration of division 1 at my expense and I'm just trying to re-baseline what we're talking about.

In regards to Anna, Griffin, Mir, and Nika-- can you tell me how they will produce by season's end in order for me to make up my imaginary minutes lineup? I can tell you this -- there is 110 minutes for Paige, CWill, Liv, and Fudd. Next year these 4 will probably be A/A candidates. There is 20-25 for Edwards. If Edwards is getting 25 minutes it means she is awesome. But if she struggled down the stretch this year and Anna excelled - it would mean Anna gets more minutes, right? Unless you want me to assume complete "nirvana" and all the top 9 of this team played to their peak this year? (which is not realistic.).

Bottomline is for the fun of it- if you want me to give fictitious minutes over and above the top few players you have to give me more end of year stats ot to go on - the same way we would all do to start next year. Unless you want me to assume for example Mir and Nika don't get any better and for example Anna doesn't find her shot? Because there are some on here that don't think much of her shooting anyway, right? It would also depend with Anna if she hit them in big games and at what rate in big games.

*********Further if we keep this up which I am okay with but I don't think the mods would appreciate our back-and-forth. I think we've done too much and they've been very lenient this year with this. I could PM you once you give me the criteria and at any later date you could come back on other threads and slam me if you like. I've been wrong many times and will be many more. And something as like this - its as wild as guess as any. I don't understand why you are so intent on this but I'll play. Everything changes drastically year to year.
-----------------

Second -the reason why we have no seniors is that Walker left. Now I'd like you to imagine that for many of us the that thinks that Walker was one helluva player and those that don't like her are way wrong, what do you think we'd think of this team as of right now if we had her? We'd all be in the camp that Geno remains on a super roll with very, very few blanks.

Last edited:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Come on, man! Sometimes you guys pluck a sentence out of context. You're right, gotta shorten up my posts. How about 1 sentence and an emoji banging his head against a wall.
My point with that was that there are a million options to explore. If the conductor of the orchestra can't get the woodwinds to play correctly, then what do you do? Send them home or try something else. Maybe you end up with a keyboard, bass, trumpet, and alto sax. Damn, jazz is born! You get my point?
Your expressed opinions are assumptions based upon game time observations. But your logic needs to expand it parameters of thinking. Every player gets every opportunity in practice. Two consistent themes about UConn are:

1) players work much harder in practice than in games
2) UConn coaches coach every player with the same level of attention.

Autumn gets as much help as Paige. Aubrey and Mir are coached as hard as Liv and Aaliyah. If the players you want to get more game time, deserved more game time, they would have more game time. If the coaches felt the best opportunity to win is "90 feet of Hell" you would have it. And there might be a season where you catch lightening in a bottle like Nolan Richardson. But the last time I checked 11 beats 1.

In short if the woodwinds don't provide the best possible outcome, they stay on the bench. And the conductor chooses an arrangement that provides the best outcome.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Because of this sad, wacky year the team is behind where they should be. The starters are getting heavy minutes because as individuals and as a unit they need them. February may be a different story. Sure hope it is.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Come on, man! Sometimes you guys pluck a sentence out of context. You're right, gotta shorten up my posts. How about 1 sentence and an emoji banging his head against a wall.
My point with that was that there are a million options to explore. If the conductor of the orchestra can't get the woodwinds to play correctly, then what do you do? Send them home or try something else. Maybe you end up with a keyboard, bass, trumpet, and alto sax. Damn, jazz is born! You get my point?
It's not out of context, it's what you wrote. If you don't mean it, can't support it, maybe......not write it??

I mean you can write whatever you want, but when you get called out on it, don't whine about it. ???

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Everyone take a breath. When you go around in circles you end up in the same place no matter how many times you do it.

Next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1