OT: - Sports terms you can't stand/are tired of. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Sports terms you can't stand/are tired of.

Reaction Score
I hate when announcers use the term "untracked" and "on track" interchangeably. It's a weird thing alot of them do.

Or "this team really needs to get untracked". All the time. Once you hear it once in a game you will hear it every game.

Dude, that does not mean what you think it means.
I will listen for it, and it will blow my mind if you are right. I think you're hearing wrong.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
"Robbed of a base hit!!"

Home runs are robbed. Hits, tho?

Reaction Score
Golf fans shouting “Get in the hole” at every flipping tee off.
I also giggle when golf fans wear their golf cleats to a tournament they’re not playing in, to walk around in so they don’t slip. So boomer.
Or Baba Booey after tee shots. There are a lot of drunken idiots at these golf events for sure.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Patriots. Oh, I thought you said teams you can’t stand.
I was getting ready to type in the Yankees are and then I went full Emily Latilla on it … Oh never mind .

Reaction Score
I read the title of the thread quickly as “sports teams you can’t stand/are tired of,”. Therefore my answers are: Duke, Kentucky and Syracuse

Reaction Score
“He’s coming off the bench to give (insert player’s name) a blow.” ‘Nuff said...

Reaction Score
"Aggression" for "aggressiveness." Aggression is what Russia is doing in Ukraine.

Reaction Score
"Academics" as used by scholarship athletes when comparing to "Athletics." Academics = the accumulated wisdom of 5000 years of human civilization. Athletics = playing with a ball. The two should never be compared as equivalents.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
"Academics" as used by scholarship athletes when comparing to "Athletics." Academics = the accumulated wisdom of 5000 years of human civilization. Athletics = playing with a ball. The two should never be compared as equivalents.
Given the state of the world there is no equivalency. Athletics > Academics

Given the state of the Boneyard Athletics >>> Academics

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
In almost every singe MCBB game, an announcer will inform us that we have "an experienced officiating crew" working the game. EVERY GAME. Hell, that just means that they're in a job that you have to like kill someone in a drunken rage or be convicted of rigging games to get fired from. Longevity has nothing to do with competence in their world. Or in most other jobs, either, as per the Peter Principal.

Reaction Score
You can't speak by flapping your gums. The tongue is the workhorse

And Bill Walton is a God. It's should be a law every American citizen should have to listen to one game announced by Bill Walton yearly.
I'd rather be in jail.

Reaction Score
Some of these terms I think the opposite--I really like them, especially the baseball terms which has 120 years of slangese. Love "can of corn", and especially "around the horn". How about "suicide squeeze",beanball, frozen rope, grand salami.

Reaction Score
You can't speak by flapping your gums. The tongue is the workhorse

And Bill Walton is a God. It's should be a law every American citizen should have to listen to one game announced by Bill Walton yearly.

Imagine what Walton would have to say about Coach Dan's sideline antics. I hope we get to hear it this year. As for the thread "he's a downhill runner".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom