Sports Illustrated Special Edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sports Illustrated Special Edition

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

I don’t see one for 2023, which sucks because I have the first 4 framed…

Reaction Score
At least we will all know and can move on. If I get a coherent, trustworthy answer from them I will post it here.
Called the number they gave me. The person I talked to was less than useless. They didn't even know what a commemorative issue was and argued with me that a UConn championship edition would have been on the April Issue. I told her that the April issue came out March 22nd and the tournament wasn't over until April 3rd making it impossible. She disagreed with me challenging the concept of time and logic. She said " a baseball player" is on the latest issue and that was the April issue. I told her the May issue has been out for a couple days and Bryce Young( a football player was on it). It was pretty clear at that point that I should give up my quest and just throw one of those Sport magazines on my wall or a print of that daily SI one with Sanogo.

Reaction Score
Wow, what a bummer. I didn't think we would make the regular issue, but I thought there would be a commemorative one.

Reaction Score
Wow, what a bummer. I didn't think we would make the regular issue, but I thought there would be a commemorative one.
Yep. I didn't look too hard but I don't think Kansas got one last year either. Same daily digital cover like our with Sanogo. Football is king.

Reaction Score
Called the number they gave me. The person I talked to was less than useless. They didn't even know what a commemorative issue was and argued with me that a UConn championship edition would have been on the April Issue. I told her that the April issue came out March 22nd and the tournament wasn't over until April 3rd making it impossible. She disagreed with me challenging the concept of time and logic. She said " a baseball player" is on the latest issue and that was the April issue. I told her the May issue has been out for a couple days and Bryce Young( a football player was on it). It was pretty clear at that point that I should give up my quest and just throw one of those Sport magazines on my wall or a print of that daily SI one with Sanogo.
Thanks for trying! Looks like the daily cover is the only option at this point

Reaction Score
FYI to anyone Interested. I was in Dollar General In Wolcott CT on 412 Wolcott Rd. And they had a few copies of "sport" magazine with a uconn national champs cover. It is the cover with Andre on it that was posted earlier in this thread . It was 14.99$.

Reaction Score
I know it is a long shot but any updates on the SI cover. Would hate to miss this on the wall. There is one on Ebay but not the real deal.

Reaction Score
I know it is a long shot but any updates on the SI cover. Would hate to miss this on the wall. There is one on Ebay but not the real deal.
It's not happening. Don't think it happened for Kansas last year either.

Reaction Score
Has anyone seen the Sport magazine anywhere recently? Did I miss it?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
They had to put their print resources into a swimsuit issue with Martha Stewart on the cover.
Doesn’t that come out in February?

So let me get this straight, they withheld a UConn issue to save for a Martha Stewart issue 10.5 months later?

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Reaction Score
I mean, um. Well, for her age she, um, looks pretty hot for 81. Nope,no can do..
Maybe if it was 2 in the morning and I was drunk on tequila. Nope, stop it.
I’m so confused.… /s

IMG_2133.jpeg

IMG_2134.jpeg

She actually looks like Angie Dickinson in a couple of these photos.

Reaction Score
I mean, um. Well, for her age she, um, looks pretty hot for 81. Nope,no can do..
Maybe if it was 2 in the morning and I was drunk on tequila. Nope, stop it.
I’m so confused.… /s

View attachment 88235
View attachment 88236

She actually looks like Angie Dickinson in a couple of these photos.

The least they should have done is given her a bikini made of pine cones or carrot cake.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t that come out in February?

So let me get this straight, they withheld a UConn issue to save for a Martha Stewart issue 10.5 months later?

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth
I believe it is on sale now. Edit: Looks like it can be pre-ordered right now and will be in stores soon. It's no conspiracy, just a fact that they will publish their swimsuit issue before they think about other special issues. There just isn't a lot of demand for printed material in this era.

Last edited:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I believe it is on sale now. Edit: Looks like it can be pre-ordered right now and will be in stores soon. It's no conspiracy, just a fact that they will publish their swimsuit issue before they think about other special issues. There just isn't a lot of demand for printed material in this era.
Wow. You’re right. Just another fail for Adub and america

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom