Spoke to Pat Lenehan about injuries | The Boneyard

Spoke to Pat Lenehan about injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Thinks Boat will play Friday, but Purvis will not until Duke. Seems convinced both play vs. Duke. Didn't get a chance to bring up Omar.

He's not a doctor (yet, real smart kid), but it's good to hear a teammate candidly say that.

Reaction Score
Do we need Boat against Yale?
If so I hope they limit his minutes if his ankle is still sore or appears gimpy.

Reaction Score
Kitaman said:
Do we need Boat against Yale? If so I hope they limit his minutes if his ankle is still sore or appears gimpy.

Probably. They're solid. They can probably guard everybody else we can throw at them if Purvis is out too (just have to bring help on Hamilton).

Reaction Score
UCONN needs to become Zone d team to protect the few precious resources it can bring to table, especially vs puke

Reaction Score
I assume Purvis's injury dates back to the opening minute of the West Virginia game? I'm not a doctor, but it seems strange that they would let him play afterwards. Same thing happened with Daniels last year - he was injured against Rutgers, came back into the game, and then missed two games after that.

Are sprained ankles one of injuries you can't compound?

Reaction Score
I assume Purvis's injury dates back to the opening minute of the West Virginia game? I'm not a doctor, but it seems strange that they would let him play afterwards. Same thing happened with Daniels last year - he was injured against Rutgers, came back into the game, and then missed two games after that.

Are sprained ankles one of injuries you can't compound?
They didn't realize at the time how much he hurt his hand on the showboat dunk.

Reaction Score
Do we need Boat against Yale?
If so I hope they limit his minutes if his ankle is still sore or appears gimpy.
Definitely. Taking a potential player of the year and senior leader off your team can have a huge negative impact even if we are only playing Yale. But I do agree with limiting his minutes, we need him to be 100% against Duke.

Reaction Score
Pat Lenehan is lucky Bill Belichick isn't his coach!
RipCity should have said 'a reliable source' instead of using Pat's name. We probably would all have doubted the source, you know how we are.

Anyway let's hope Pat doesn't visit the Yard or we (i.e. RipCity) may have lost an inside source.

Reaction Score
Yeah since its just Yale (who I'm sure will be winning for at least 25 minutes of the game) I hope if Boat is able to go they just suit him up, have him warm up, but then sit him unless it looks likely that it could turn into an L

Wouldn't be a bad thing to get the squad somewhat more comfortable playing without him, even though watching a 5 man squad not featuring him might make me puke

Reaction Score
Yeah since its just Yale (who I'm sure will be winning for at least 25 minutes of the game) I hope if Boat is able to go they just suit him up, have him warm up, but then sit him unless it looks likely that it could turn into an L

Wouldn't be a bad thing to get the squad somewhat more comfortable playing without him, even though watching a 5 man squad not featuring him might make me puke

"...just Yale"?? We have a very good shot of losing without Boat so I'm not sure where you believe we can throw our uni's out there and beat them?

Reaction Score
Yale and Coppin State are not the same thing. We'd beat Coppin State by 20 even without Boatright. Yale without Boatright is much more dicey.

Reaction Score
"...just Yale"?? We have a very good shot of losing without Boat so I'm not sure where you believe we can throw our uni's out there and beat them?

... Yale isn't Duke, can we agree there?

My point being, Boat clearly wont be 100% on Friday if the ankle turn was so bad they had it x-rayed. So if this were a Duke level game, good Boat, go out there and be a warrior. When its a lesser opponent who isn't a bonafide top tourney seed already, I'm fine taking a calculated approach and using him lightly, and more so if it is definitely needed

Reaction Score
Yale is pretty decent, they beat Bryant, lost to PC by 6. Rated around Memphis and LSU by Pomeroy.

I hope Boat plays, but I am ok resting him, the season is long, and I want him more in January and February then I do on Friday.

It is not college football, if we lose, we lose, we are still making the tournament.

Reaction Score
HuskyBballFan said:
Yale and Coppin State are not the same thing. We'd beat Coppin State by 20 even without Boatright. Yale without Boatright is much more dicey.

They haven't beaten Division 2 teams by 20, so I'm not sure they score enough to beat anyone by that margin right now.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yale is pretty decent, they beat Bryant, lost to PC by 6. Rated around Memphis and LSU by Pomeroy.

I hope Boat plays, but I am ok resting him, the season is long, and I want him more in January and February then I do on Friday.

It is not college football, if we lose, we lose, we are still making the tournament.
IIRC, the last time we lost to Yale was Calhoun's first season as coach here. If we lose on Friday, at Gampel, it will be pretty epic, historically speaking. Without checking, I'm guessing it would be the first time we ever lost back-to-back out of conference games at Gampel.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
RipCity should have said 'a reliable source' instead of using Pat's name. We probably would all have doubted the source, you know how we are.

Anyway let's hope Pat doesn't visit the Yard or we (i.e. RipCity) may have lost an inside source.
Considering that I only talked to him because he's in one of my classes, and that the semester ends next week, I think I'll survive.

It was casual conversation about what he would guess happens, between two kids sitting next to each other in a boring class.

Reaction Score
IIRC, the last time we lost to Yale was Calhoun's first season as coach here. If we lose on Friday, at Gampel, it will be pretty epic, historically speaking. Without checking, I'm guessing it would be the first time we ever lost back-to-back out of conference games at Gampel.
Agreed it would look terrible, but so did losing to Houston and by 700 to Lville last year.

But at the end of the day, none of those loses mattered.

In '05 UNC lost to Santa Clara without Felton, still won it all, not a big deal to anyone but the talking heads.

H

huskymagic

Thinks Boat will play Friday, but Purvis will not until Duke. Seems convinced both play vs. Duke. Didn't get a chance to bring up Omar.

He's not a doctor (yet, real smart kid), but it's good to hear a teammate candidly say that.

What does this tell you about Purvis? Boatright I expect to play against Yale for sure as he is a warrior and its a sprained ankle which 5 days rest should heal no problem. Omar should definitely be ready to play tomorrow as he has had enough time to heal and rest.

Reaction Score
What does this tell you about Purvis? Boatright I expect to play against Yale for sure as he is a warrior and its a sprained ankle which 5 days rest should heal no problem. Omar should definitely be ready to play tomorrow as he has had enough time to heal and rest.

Huh?

Purvis has a high ankle sprain. Most of these are ligament tears.

Reaction Score

Are you a doctor or do you play one on TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom