Spoiler Alert: France V Brazil (WBB) | The Boneyard

Spoiler Alert: France V Brazil (WBB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It was a fun game to watch. evenly matched till France pulled away late-ish. Glad to see Brazil lose tho. I found it interesting that the French PG is considered one of the top 10 best players in the world, but she won't play in the WNBA cuz she can make something like 500,000 Euros playing overseas, and the best she could do in the W is $125,000. I get that the W doesn't pay their players as much, but what kind of attendance and ticket prices do they have in these other countries if they can afford to pay players that much?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It was a fun game to watch. evenly matched till France pulled away late-ish. Glad to see Brazil lose tho. I found it interesting that the French PG is considered one of the top 10 best players in the world, but she won't play in the WNBA cuz she can make something like 500,000 Euros playing overseas, and the best she could do in the W is $125,000. I get that the W doesn't pay their players as much, but what kind of attendance and ticket prices do they have in these other countries if they can afford to pay players that much?

I know some of the Russian teams are owned by millionaires, billionaires. It's kind of a play thing for them. They like to win. Also some of the teams are clubs that have men's hoops/soccer/handball....other teams. So even if they don't make that much on women's basketball, they can make it other ways.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Interesting in the game yesterday (I was watching a replay, I think), at one point late in the game while the French were shooting freethrows, some of the Brazil players on the bench were yelling/making noise at the shooter (like fans would do). Also the French being up 10+ tried a breakaway in the last 3-4 seconds of the game.

Odd.

Reaction Score

I suspect most of the money changing hands in European WBB is of the off-track betting variety...

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Brazil really missed Izi. And they stopped attacking the basket, and stopped going inside to De Souza. They aren't going to get very far not going through De Souza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom