spilled beans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

spilled beans

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
I believe he's insinuating that the NBC contract does not include UConn and Cincinnati, which would of course imply we will not be a BE member.

Reading the tea leaves of JC talk is maybe more productive than trying to decide whether to believe MHver3. Maybe.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
“I don’t think, in a year, we’re going to be where we are right now,” said Calhoun, referring to the Big East. “I think a lot depends on Maryland and its lawsuit.”

NO indication on UConn not being in the NNBE contract. My guess he's alluding to FSU and company

Reaction Score
“I don’t think, in a year, we’re going to be where we are right now,” said Calhoun, referring to the Big East. “I think a lot depends on Maryland and its lawsuit.”o FLorida State.

NO indication on UConn not being in the NNBE contract. My guess he's alluding to FSU and company

Exactly. JC is just speculating on more conference shuffling among the big 5 which would open a spot for us. His comment has nothing to do with the zany idea that we are not part of the Big East's pending contract with NBC. If we were not part of that contract it would have already leaked.

Reaction Score
I just want to say that before this thread, I've been contemplating things, man. I went to TJ Maxx today. They had a BC football t-shirt. I thought about it. Thought how good I'd look in crimson and yellow, how it would add 5-10 points to my IQ, and admired that snazzy ACC logo. I pictured myself putting it on and walking into the local Chic-Fil-a to talk BC sports with the locals. Maybe even some Nascar. I put it in my shopping cart. Got to the checkout line. Bent over, hurled all over the floor. And on the shirt.

I had a weak moment, but in the end I just couldn't give up on the sleddogs. Please forgive me.

Dam you I laughed so hard my herniated disk just shot my leg into temporary paralysis. Went from laughing to crying in 2 sec.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Exactly. JC is just speculating on more conference shuffling among the big 5 which would open a spot for us. His comment has nothing to do with the zany idea that we are not part of the Big East's pending contract with NBC. If we were not part of that contract it would have already leaked.

I do think it is likely, as has been speculated, that NBC lowballed the contract because UConn and Cincy would not make further commitment to the league. So from that perspective, it is likely that the number assumes that we won't. Anything else would be foolish for NBC.

Reaction Score
I do think it is likely, as has been speculated, that NBC lowballed the contract because UConn and Cincy would not make further commitment to the league. So from that perspective, it is likely that the number assumes that we won't. Anything else would be foolish for NBC.

I agree with that, but assuming we are gone down the road and already gone are two very different things.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
These contracts usually come with the same provision: add two teams and the conference can re-open the contract. Lose two teams and the Network can re-open the contract.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It was speculation on JC's part - has nothing to do with the NBC deal or reality, for that matter.

Reaction Score
It is speculation, you're right Fishy, but its not as if he doesn't know people. Namely, Herbst.
Why give false hope if there's nothing to it? We all can be doom and gloom but the Big 10 isn't done. We'll end up in a league...unfortunately probably the ACC.

Reaction Score
Wasn't there a thread either here or on the Rutgers Board in the fall before the B1G came calling that one of their boosters said their AD (I think) met with a bunch of them and said that they would be invited to the B1G at some point in the future? At the time, I think we all dismissed it as garbage from New Jersey. We all know the ending to that story

Reaction Score
Wasn't there a thread either here or on the Rutgers Board in the fall before the B1G came calling that one of their boosters said their AD (I think) met with a bunch of them and said that they would be invited to the B1G at some point in the future? At the time, I think we all dismissed it as garbage from New Jersey. We all know the ending to that story
Yes, and if I remembered correctly, we trashed them again when we heard Rutgers recruits state that Schiano told them they would be playing in the Big 10 someday...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It is speculation, you're right Fishy, but its not as if he doesn't know people. Namely, Herbst.
Why give false hope if there's nothing to it? We all can be doom and gloom but the Big 10 isn't done. We'll end up in a league...unfortunately probably the ACC.

At this point I am just hoping for the other shoes to drop this spring so we can all be done with this. Come on Delany, fire that canon.

Reaction Score
Yes, and if I remembered correctly, we trashed them again when we heard Rutgers recruits state that Schiano told them they would be playing in the Big 10 someday...
Yea. I'm not sure he wasn't talking out of his a. The fact that he said one thing, and that that thing turned out to be ultimately correct, does not prove he knew anything. There are a ton of other reasons why he could have been right, especially given the secrecy of the BE.

I think JC is looking around the landscape, knows there will be more changes, and can't see how we're not next in line for additions in either the ACC (most likely), B12 (less likely) or B1G (least likely). It's a guess. Again, just because his point may be right in the end, does not mean he has any real knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom