Spencer, Johnson Show Out Ahead of European Tour | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Spencer, Johnson Show Out Ahead of European Tour

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I also just wanna say, the lineups that do include Johnson/Clingan at the 4/5 could smother anything at the rim. Clingan alone will obviously be one of, if not the best shot blocker in the country, but Samsons upside as a rim protector is obvious as well. Not sure how many other teams can play 2 6’10+ guys, for stretches, at a top 10 level?

Reaction Score
"As he's (Johnson) rolling and dunking and finishing at the rim and shooting the 3 now, playing that four-spot, I think, is a better fit," coach Dan Hurley noted. "He (also) gives us that 1-2 punch at center, potentially, that was devastating for people last year."

Alternate access:

Cam Spencer, Samson Johnson impress in UConn men's basketball team's open practice

If he can play a solid center, it’s going to be great to be throw such a different look at teams when Clingan needs a breather. Could put a wildly athletic lineup out there to turn the game into a track meet.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If he can play a solid center, it’s going to be great to be throw such a different look at teams when Clingan needs a breather. Could put a wildly athletic lineup out there to turn the game into a track meet.
Yep. That’s going to happen I expect. Such a huge challenge to the opponent, like last year.

Reaction Score
It is very strange that so many on the Boneyard dismiss Hurley saying that Samson has "wall (lottery pick) potential." You think DH doesn't know? You think DH was just blowing smoke? Do you think that a kid that Hurley said is a potential lottery pick can't make the starting five?

I remember Lamb's freshman year, he started pretty slowly. It took his shot a while to come around. Calhoun kept saying the kid was "special." It seemed almost strange, the disconnect between what we were seeing and what Calhoun was saying. But by the end of the year, what Calhoun was saying was right. And what we were seeing changed.

So I tend to believe that SJ is going to be playing exceptionally well at some point. Because what Hurley is saying is more important than what we are seeing.

Reaction Score
Yeah, can't see that. Johnson will get his 20 mins spelling AK and DC and maybe some sets where DH goes tall trees.

In a tall trees setup, If Johnson has a decent handle and DC becomes a 3 pt threat, that's almost non-defensable.

Have to say, I hate being prohibitive favorites.
A team where Samson and Donovan can both hit 3s would be playing with cheat codes…

And it could feasibly happen, which is awesome…

Reaction Score
Is there a scenario where we see this lineup…Maybe not a starting unit but for stretches?

Clingan
Samson
Karaban
Castle
Newton
Yes. If Singare contributes and Castle is just so good he keeps Spencer on the bench.

Reaction Score
A team where Samson and Donovan can both hit 3s would be playing with cheat codes…

And it could feasibly happen, which is awesome…
If that comes to be and both are in the starting lineup that would simply be unfair to an even further degree than it was last year when Sanogo sat and in came the 7 foot monster. That was simply too much for teams to deal with once this team got Ajax clicking and with Newton playing at a high level, well we all saw what happened. Dominance.

Reaction Score
Spencer’s not sitting much his game is too good all around. Diarra will need to shoot a little better to get more time than last year. Interested to see what everyone saw with SJ and see if it makes it to the court game time. Would be great if it does our depth is incredible with that addition, even 12-15 minutes.

Reaction Score
All of our lineup of predictions will look silly in 6 months

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Let’s all wait and see if SJ gets any court time this season. I hope for the young man but it seems like he is snake bit

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom