speculation on wholly | Page 2 | The Boneyard

speculation on wholly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was a pretty obvious he was demoted from day 1 under Spanos. He seems like a nice enough guy, but the linebacker play was horrid with no signs of improvement.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I liked Wholley- but when Spanos came in he had a plan for the D and the coaching of his D. Wholley did not fit. I don't care who coaches here, we just need the football program to be competent again.

Reaction Score
It was a pretty obvious he was demoted from day 1 under Spanos. He seems like a nice enough guy, but the linebacker play was horrid with no signs of improvement.
There were a lot of coaching whiffs by Edsall this time around.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There were a lot of coaching and whiffs by Edsall this time around.
Definitely whiffs on the defensive side. The offensive departures seemed like promising coaches at least.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It can’t be easy recruiting cosches with that roster, our budget issues and no advantage recruiting in this region.

We’ve probably got guys renting Ford Focuses and sleeping at Motel 6s.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Great just what we need grabbing a coach from the 2nd worst alliance team

This is, easily, by a country mile, my favorite post in the history of this forum.

Reaction Score
It can’t be easy recruiting cosches with that roster, our budget issues and no advantage recruiting in this region.

Or sleeping in Ford Focuses.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
He worked with the Steelers as well, or does that bother you too?

Gosh you should step away for awhile as you have become a miserable person on this board

lol I don’t know that I’ve become miserable, I just think it’s apparent that things are going poorly

Reaction Score

Focii?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
yeah phil stop acting like our position coaches should have experience coaching. you are killing bill’s vibe
There's only room for one Cody on this staff.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
yeah phil stop acting like our position coaches should have experience coaching. you are killing bill’s vibe

Also when we say worked with the Steelers, wasn’t he literally the Steelers ball boy?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What does it all matter, the real coaching around here will come from all the others. Perkins is got the secondary covered, Spanos the LBs. The new guy will help out in between. Moreover, he will either learn to mirror his senior coaches and/or just be quiet. That's an easier space to put a young coach than a more experienced coach like Wholley who probably didn't enjoy being asked to do less.

Reaction Score
What does it all matter, the real coaching around here will come from all the others. Perkins is got the secondary covered, Spanos the LBs. The new guy will help out in between. Moreover, he will either learn to mirror his senior coaches and/or just be quiet. That's an easier space to put a young coach than a more experienced coach like Wholley who probably didn't enjoy being asked to do less.
Excellent point, but the way to not be asked to do less is to do more. As he is an alum and you try not to be too hard on the current players i tempered my criticism, but it was very hard to watch we saw on defense. If we call the DB play bad, the LB play was abhorrent. Its bad enough the tackling was bad but they never looked in proper position in coverage. That goes for year 1 as well where he had better players.

I remember people posting he was a star in the making cause he brings energy, "moxie" and leads a good breakdown. All i really care is if players look like their improving as is the case with Dottin- Carter.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Also when we say worked with the Steelers, wasn’t he literally the Steelers ball boy?
Sounds like a rough resume. What was he, a philosophy major?

He's a 29 year old kid who was a professional football coach. It's not his fault the AAF folded. Stop projecting your misery on others.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Sounds like a rough resume. What was he, a philosophy major?

He's a 29 year old kid who was a professional football coach. It's not his fault the AAF folded. Stop projecting your misery on others.

Lol okay I’m not sure what your issue is. You said he had coaching experience with the Steelers when he was the ball boy. He may be fine, but his trajectory has no legitimate CFB or pro experience. Perhaps he’ll be fine. And I’m doing fine as well for a philosophy student, but thank you for your concern

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Lol okay I’m not sure what your issue is. You said he had coaching experience with the Steelers when he was the ball boy. He may be fine, but his trajectory has no legitimate CFB or pro experience. Perhaps he’ll be fine. And I’m doing fine as well for a philosophy student, but thank you for your concern

The ballboy thing was when he was a kid...

No... he was a summer assistant w/ the Steelers more recently. His ballboy stint was back in early 2000's when his Dad was on the Steeler staff. He was a defensive assistant w/ the Browns in 2016.

Phil I'm with you on the overall sense of pessimism, but you can get there without fudging the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom