speculation on wholly | The Boneyard

speculation on wholly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
New Twitter Profile. Changed job titles at UConn. He has liked several Miss. State athletics postings. Has stopped tweeting about Moxie-UConn related stuff.

He obviously has close ties to Miss. State.

Reaction Score
New Twitter Profile. Changed job titles at UConn. He has liked several Miss. State athletics postings. Has stopped tweeting about Moxie-UConn related stuff.

Unless Moorehead has someone leaving his staff is full (he has 10 Asst’s and 4 GA’s) according to MSU website.

Reaction Score
Unless Moorehead has someone leaving his staff is full (he has 10 Asst’s and 4 GA’s) according to MSU website.
You might be right. it may be too late to change schools at this point in the season too?

Reaction Score

Yep. I’ll break it here first. He’s going to Miss state.. that’s what I’m hearing.

Reaction Score

Guess I can stop following him too.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Aside from new UConn DC, would that be a Greek term roughly translated as ... SEC programs can pay more for a former position coaching position role no longer available in Storrs ???

Lets see what gets announced this spring. My gut says Spanos will stick out the year and not pull a Dunn. As for Wholley, signs and rumors indicate he is moving on and other rumors have it that Edsall might not add a coach to replace him, at least at the LB position because Spanos likes to coach that position. Having fewer coaches would allow the program to pay current coaches more.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Jarren Horton - Football Coach - University of Connecticut Athletics

Jarren Horton has been hired as an assistant coach for the UConn football team, as announced by head coach Randy Edsall on Tuesday, March 19. Horton takes over for Jon Wholley who is leaving UConn to pursue other professional opportunities.

“I’m very excited to have Jarren join our defensive staff as our star, nickel and dime coach,” Edsall said. “He has extensive knowledge in our scheme and he will have a smooth transition working with and continuing to teach our players the new system.

“His knowledge and attention to detail and the ability to relate to people really stood out to during the interview process. Jarren will be an outstanding addition as a recruiter as well.”

Horton comes to UConn after serving as a defensive assistant and secondary coach with the Atlanta Legends in the Alliance of American Football. Prior to his stint in the AAF, he worked as a graduate assistant at Southeastern Louisiana in 2018.

Horton played defensive back at Portland State University from 2010-12 before graduating from Central Washington University in 2015.

After graduation he worked two stints at Vanderbilt University as a defensive analytics assistant in 2015 and then as a defensive analyst in 2017.

Horton also gained experience in the National Football League with the Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers. With the Browns he worked as a coaching assistant primarily working with defensive backs in 2016. He was a summer assistant and worked alongside the Steelers coaching staff in 2017.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Kind of sad we’re hiring coaches from the AAF lmao

I don't mind. I don't think they feel they need a guy to do much, hence they took a flyer on Horton. Spanos will really run the LB coaching going forward and thats probably a very good thing.

I think for this team the most important coaches are as follows in order:

1) Edsall
2) Spanos
3) Guifre
4) Perkins
5) C. Edsall because he is a recruiting dynamo
6) tie DDC / Smith / Moyseenko / Weiss <--liked his coaches video, looked the part to me.
7) Allen (special teams)
8) everyone else that is part of the staff (GA/Quality Control/etc)

Reaction Score
I had a weird feeling awhile ago that Jon was moving on... Sad to see him go... He's a stand up guy so I know wherever he's headed it'll be somewhere he and his family will benefit immensely....

with the defense transitioning to a different philosophy, this Horton guy might be able to provide the team what it needs right now since he's familiar with the scheme...

Change is tough...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Does this mean Edsall still looking for his successor?
If we beat Wagner 28-3 we will all be ready to anoint Spanos. If we just squeak by then Corey probably is the clubhouse leader in Randy's book.

Reaction Score
The linebackers have underperformed. Its hard to play as bad as they have. I get he's an alum, but really Dottin-Carter is the only guy on that side of the ball where the players showed improvement.

Reaction Score
The linebackers have underperformed. Its hard to play as bad as they have. I get he's an alum, but really Dottin-Carter is the only guy on that side of the ball where the players showed improvement.
Agreed. For whatever reason, the LBs, like the defense, have not performed well the last 2 years. And I agree on Dottin-Carter.

Reaction Score
maybe wholly will be a defensive quality control coach for Miss State? Moorhead has connections to Penn State too, but he must really like what Wholly did during his time at UConn to come to an SEC program.

Reaction Score
maybe wholly will be a defensive quality control coach for Miss State? Moorhead has connections to Penn State too, but he must really like what Wholly did during his time at UConn to come to an SEC program.

More likely what he did @ Fordham when he was Moorhead’s DC.

Jon’s a good coach (and person) - just didn’t work out this stint @ UConn.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
More likely what he did @ Fordham when he was Moorhead’s DC.

Jon’s a good coach (and person) - just didn’t work out this stint @ UConn.

What did he do at Fordham? LBs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox