speculation on wholly | Page 3 | The Boneyard

speculation on wholly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I liked Wholley- but when Spanos came in he had a plan for the D and the coaching of his D. Wholley did not fit. I don't care who coaches here, we just need the football program to be competent again.
Are you thinking this was a UConn call? Not arguing, just gives a better sense of a plan vs another jumping off.

Reaction Score
Are you thinking this was a UConn call? Not arguing, just gives a better sense of a plan vs another jumping off.
Until Wholley’s undefined pursuit of “... other professional opportunities” becomes clearer, some people will speculate on various reasons for his departure. Time will tell & I wish Jon well.

Reaction Score
His “other professional opportunities” were spelled out a page back?
Hah, now I plead conveniently ignoring slower-loading tweets and acknowledge the appearance of Moorhead’s career-transition life jacket. Time will still tell with Jon’s future new real-cooaching opportunity and I’ll continue to wish him well.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
lol I don’t know that I’ve become miserable, I just think it’s apparent that things are going poorly

I don't disagree, but I used to enjoy reading your comments, but somewhere along the way you've become Whaler and curmudgeon.
Thank God it is springtime and we all can get outside and get some fresh air and enjoy UConn baseball

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The ballboy thing was when he was a kid...

Phil I'm with you on the overall sense of pessimism, but you can get there without fudging the facts.

Sorry, you're right, he was with the Steelers as an adult. I didn't catch that, as it was towards the end of his bio...I guess he was a summer intern there once, and then assisted with coaching DBs on a 1-16 Cleveland Browns team, defensive analyst for Vandy (probably his best gig), grad assistant at Southeastern Louisiana (not sure what that is and how he couldn't parlay his connections at Vandy into a better gig), and then coaching secondary in a joke football league. I'm sorry, I just think that's kind of a sad resume. Those placements are either kind of meaningless (i.e. the Steelers intern gig) or kind of sad (AAF and coaching one of the worst NFL teams in history). I guess I wouldn't expect much more since we're bringing in a star coach whatever that means, but it just sort of wraps up the way that things have looked for us during RE2 in a nutshell

Reaction Score
Sorry, you're right, he was with the Steelers as an adult. I didn't catch that, as it was towards the end of his bio...I guess he was a summer intern there once, and then assisted with coaching DBs on a 1-16 Cleveland Browns team, defensive analyst for Vandy (probably his best gig), grad assistant at Southeastern Louisiana (not sure what that is and how he couldn't parlay his connections at Vandy into a better gig), and then coaching secondary in a joke football league. I'm sorry, I just think that's kind of a sad resume. Those placements are either kind of meaningless (i.e. the Steelers intern gig) or kind of sad (AAF and coaching one of the worst NFL teams in history). I guess I wouldn't expect much more since we're bringing in a star coach whatever that means, but it just sort of wraps up the way that things have looked for us during RE2 in a nutshell

SLU is an FCS school and he (Horton) followed their DC (Louie Cioffi who coached w/ his dad and Spanos @ multiple NFL stops) to the Atlanta Legend, He's a young kid trying to gain experience in a relationship driven industry w/ assistance from Horton Sr./Spanos and their sphere...

My bet is he relates well w/ the kids he's coaching.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score

It's a better resume than taking a high school coach up to college. By the way, there are great young coaches at all lower levels that live and breathe the game and only need a break.

Reaction Score

I think this is a kind of sad post.

ONE thing: it is obvious that our new DC made this a priority. He didn't see Wholley as the future and used personal relationships to bring in JH. He knows this guy. He has some notion of how he will recruit. And thanks be to God ... Edsall is letting a guy with some credible background make a move on Defense. I wish better for Jon Wholley; but that is over.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Sounds like a rough resume. What was he, a philosophy major?

He's a 29 year old kid who was a professional football coach. It's not his fault the AAF folded. Stop projecting your misery on others.
wait, the AAF folded already? lol

Reaction Score
I think this is a kind of sad post.

ONE thing: it is obvious that our new DC made this a priority. He didn't see Wholley as the future and used personal relationships to bring in JH. He knows this guy. He has some notion of how he will recruit. And thanks be to God ... Edsall is letting a guy with some credible background make a move on Defense. I wish better for Jon Wholley; but that is over.
I expected this especially when you are a new coach you want coaches around you with the same philosophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom