Sparty is serious | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sparty is serious

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Clearly your reading comprehension suffers. I didn't call you stupid. I translated your comment as to suggest that anyone who thinks this team can beat Nova and W State are stupid. And I'm positive that I was accurate in my translation of your message...

My hope is that we beat monmouth, 1 game at a time. You can live however you'd like to live.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
My hope is that we beat monmouth, 1 game at a time. You can live however you'd like to live.

Thanks for your permission...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Sure thing. So your prediction is that we go 3-0 against Nova, W State and Cuse for the record?

Do I predict us going undefeated? Are you honestly asking me that question??

It's clear that you're unfamiliar with me. Feel free to look at my tag line to find out the answer to your question...

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Do I predict us going undefeated? Are you honestly asking me that question??

It's clear that you're unfamiliar with me. Feel free to look at my tag line to find out the answer to your question...

Wonderful wasting my morning arguing with a troll.... You win.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’ll admit keeping it close for 35 min against that Michigan State team shows the potential is there for this team.

But whose fault is it we were thrashed in the last 5 min?

Why did a decent Arkansas team beat the ever loving snot out of us?

Why did it take us an overtime to beat Columbia at home?

Oregon is a good team, beating Oregon on basically their home turf, in a tournament basically meant to feature them, is probably a better win than most people will give credit.

If this team is the team that beat Oregon and kept it close with Michigan State, we’re gonna have a great year. If they’re the team that almost lost to Columbia, Ollie is gone at the end of the season.

The Monmouth game will be interesting.

Reaction Score
Yes, I do. It was also covered in another response in this thread. But feel free to use whatever new memes you find in your Google searches, though. It's really fun to do, right?
lots of fun thanks for your approval.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Translation: "Fans of 'our' team are actually rooting for 'our' team! How stupid!"

:rolleyes:
Not to beat a dead horse, ok I am, you kind of floored me last night. Evaluation and observation is not the same as pessimism. I’ve followed UConn hoops since Coach Hugh Greer. I love the team (all the teams for that matter) and the school. I stick with them through thick and thin. I love my kids, but I knew that proper criticism doesn’t diminish the love.

Sorry if I’m not rah rah enough for you, but it is a discussion board and I certainly didn’t mean to offend, but you took it that way. If you would prefer not batting around my take on KO versus yours fine. I’ll be thrilled to death if they start playing solid, consistent basketball even if they can’t be a national champ. I’ll be thrilled for KO if he shows he can get the kids to perform. I’m pro UConn first and foremost and if the coach succeeds, UConn succeeds. Peace and love.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Not to beat a dead horse, ok I am, you kind of floored me last night. Evaluation and observation is not the same as pessimism. I’ve followed UConn hoops since Coach Hugh Greer. I love the team (all the teams for that matter) and the school. I stick with them through thick and thin. I love my kids, but I knew that proper criticism doesn’t diminish the love.

Sorry if I’m not rah rah enough for you, but it is a discussion board and I certainly didn’t mean to offend, but you took it that way. If you would prefer not batting around my take on KO versus yours fine. I’ll be thrilled to death if they start playing solid, consistent basketball even if they can’t be a national champ. I’ll be thrilled for KO if he shows he can get the kids to perform. I’m pro UConn first and foremost and if the coach succeeds, UConn succeeds. Peace and love.

It's not about being rah rah enough for me. Someone had posted about 3 difficult games coming up for us and whether it would be time to fire Kevin Ollie if we were to lose all 3 games. I posed a question to that individual, asking whether we could get rid of the idea of firing him if we won all 3.

You took that question as an opportunity to give me some "realism". I'm not sure why you did. Your motives are yours to keep. I believe you are being honest when you say that you'd be thrilled for KO to get the kids to perform and succeed, as would the vast majority on the board. My issue in particular is the fact that the majority of this board swings between "We're gonna win the PK80!" to "Fire Kevin Ollie!" in the span of 3 days.

I don't have any issue with you personally, or anyone else on this board. Peace, love, and UConn...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom