Sparty is serious | The Boneyard

Sparty is serious

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thank god someone is going to be able to stand up to Duke this year. Cant let Grayson Allen get bookend National Chamionships.
Agree, though did you see Allen against MSU? I hated being impressed.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
This game makes me think folks are freaking out to soon. Every team has some stinkers. By the way....we were putrid in the first half last night, but outscored Columbia by 15 the rest of the way. Too early to be hitting the panic button.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 11.32.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 11.32.18 AM.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 171
Reaction Score
Makes our half agains them look a lot better - and the Arkansas and Columbia a lot weirder.

They scored 27 points in the 1st half of that game to uconn s 25.

So what's more plausible, msu had a terrible half and uconn played how they've played every half before and after, or uconn made MSU look bad?

I guess that depends if you're on the boneyard or not.

Reaction Score
This game makes me think folks are freaking out to soon. Every team has some stinkers. By the way....we were putrid in the first half last night, but outscored Columbia by 15 the rest of the way. Too early to be hitting the panic button.
By Dec 30th we will have played Cuse, Nova and Wichita State, so that’s just 1 month from now. Should those games go badly will that be the right time for the button?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
By Dec 30th we will have played Cuse, Nova and Wichita State, so that’s just 1 month from now. Should those games go badly will that be the right time for the button?
Yes....but let’s see what happens first.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
And if we win all three, what happens to the button? Do we throw it over the Mansfield Hollow Dam?

If we win all three? One would be an achievement.
Here is reality. What good team sees us on the schedule now and has any qualms about facing us? Not that we can't pull off a good win or two, but it's been a few years since we worried many teams. Beating a good team is falling into upset territory. KO gets this year to show a better product. Meaning at least a top four in the league which up and down the league is no match for the Big East we played in. If he can't do that, he's had enough time to show what he can do. I think lot's of folks would be looking at him far differently had Brimah not saved us against St. Joes. That team was erratic throughout the season, but, to Ollie's credit, played very well, especially on D, the rest of the tournament. I'll give KO credit when it looks like he's gotten the team to play consistent, energetic team ball on a regular basis. Losing to a better team is one thing, Playing disorganized is another.

Reaction Score
And if we win all three, what happens to the button? Do we throw it over the Mansfield Hollow Dam?
There is absolutely no chance we beat Nova in December.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom