Sox/Yankees? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sox/Yankees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Asside from the Yankees playing Detroit, neither team's schedule has really been a struggle. More time is definitely needed to see how it all plays out.

Reaction Score
Asside from the Yankees playing Detroit, neither team's schedule has really been a struggle. More time is definitely needed to see how it all plays out.
I would agree with that assessment. The Yankees have gotten good efforts from the players that they picked up and their top three pitchers have been solid. How long they can continue undermanned as they are is the big question. I am not sure what they will have in Arod and Jeter if and when they come back. Their best days are way behind them.

The new-look Sox have some big questions with too. The left side of the infield and the catcher have shown almost no offense at all. Lester and Buchholtz have been solid but the bullpen is showing signs of weakness. Miller has been particularly bad. I think the only reason he is on the roster is that he's a lefthander.

Reaction Score

The Yanks will face some good pitching over the next week, starting with Moore tonight at the Trop.

Husky25

Reaction Score
True, for about 6 innings. The Yankees are still good at taking pitches and getting into the bullpen. While a quality pitcher when he's in there, Moore isn't exactly a work horse.

Reaction Score
True, for about 6 innings. The Yankees are still good at taking pitches and getting into the bullpen. While a quality pitcher when he's in there, Moore isn't exactly a work horse.

The work horse part is a work in progress. But how many 23 year old pitchers with 35 atarts are? I predict that by the end of this year he will be on ther short list of the best pitchers in the AL. Good test for him tonight.

Husky25

Reaction Score

The dude in the Barbasol commercial...17 innings after a breakfast of chipped beef and scotch

Husky25

Reaction Score
In the AL or all of MLB? If its the former, I'm not impressed. However the ranking is most likely based on pre-season ranks or the on-going power rankings. Many pundits had Detroit, TB, and TOR making the playoffs. It doesn't look that way as compared to how the Sox and Yanks are playing. It's just too early to tell. Let's see where things stand on May 31.

Reaction Score
The Yanks will face some good pitching over the next week, starting with Moore tonight at the Trop.

You'll see decent pitching tonight and Wednesday too........

But I would let the team rest tomorrow and not take BP prior to the game as Hughes will do that for them!!!:confused:

Reaction Score
In the AL or all of MLB? If its the former, I'm not impressed. However the ranking is most likely based on pre-season ranks or the on-going power rankings. Many pundits had Detroit, TB, and TOR making the playoffs. It doesn't look that way as compared to how the Sox and Yanks are playing. It's just too early to tell. Let's see where things stand on May 31.
In the entire MLB. I believe like any SOS ranking it is based on teams current winning %s.

Reaction Score
The Sox have played every team in their division. Saying the schedule has been easy is a red herring.

But the division is playing shi**y so far.........it is what it is..........again long way to go!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But the division is playing shi**y so far.........it is what it is..........again long way to go!!

Not that facts will mean anything to you, but not counting the Sox only 5 teams are over .500. The Sox have played 4 of them. The Sox have played 12 out of their 20 games against these teams. The early success isn't due to an easy schedule,

Reaction Score
Not that facts will mean anything to you, but not counting the Sox only 5 teams are over .500. The Sox have played 4 of them. The Sox have played 12 out of their 20 games against these teams. The early success isn't due to an easy schedule,

Not that it matters to you but no one cares about April ever.......but congrats on that if you're happy Waq!!! They have been mighty impressive.........

Reaction Score
Not that it matters to you but no one cares about April ever.......but congrats on that if you're happy Waq!!! They have been mighty impressive.........
And considering their injuries, the Yankees are definitely over-achieving.

Reaction Score
I would agree with that assessment. The Yankees have gotten good efforts from the players that they picked up and their top three pitchers have been solid. How long they can continue undermanned as they are is the big question. I am not sure what they will have in Arod and Jeter if and when they come back. Their best days are way behind them.

The new-look Sox have some big questions with too. The left side of the infield and the catcher have shown almost no offense at all. Lester and Buchholtz have been solid but the bullpen is showing signs of weakness. Miller has been particularly bad. I think the only reason he is on the roster is that he's a lefthander.
The reason Miller is on the roster is because he has outstanding stuff. It also doesn't hurt that he is a left hander. His problem is control and he only needs to get a fraction better to be effective and maybe Farrell can do something with him. And I disagree about the bullpen, they have been pretty damn good and will be better and more versitle when Morales comes back.

Reaction Score
Left side of the infield not showing offense? I dunno...Middlebrooks has 6 HRs now. Bullpen is very strong--one of the best in the league. Sox are doing just fine.

Reaction Score
Left side of the infield not showing offense? I dunno...Middlebrooks has 6 HRs now. Bullpen is very strong--one of the best in the league. Sox are doing just fine.
Will Middlebrooks has 6 home runs but 3 of them came in one game against Toronto. He is hitting .184 with an OBP of .209. He is pretty undisciplined at the plate with only 3 walks and 29 K's in 22 games. Stephen Drew doesn't seem to have any confidence. He is hitting .119 with an OBP of .229. With Middlebrooks it is inexperience and with Drew it is rust. Hopefully Greg Colburn can do something with them. I think they will both come around but the Sox don't have much depth at third if they don't.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I cared when the Sox got off to lousy starts in April recently. A good April is a good thing.

Reaction Score
Will Middlebrooks has 6 home runs but 3 of them came in one game against Toronto. He is hitting .184 with an OBP of .209. He is pretty undisciplined at the plate with only 3 walks and 29 K's in 22 games. Stephen Drew doesn't seem to have any confidence. He is hitting .119 with an OBP of .229. With Middlebrooks it is inexperience and with Drew it is rust. Hopefully Greg Colburn can do something with them. I think they will both come around but the Sox don't have much depth at third if they don't.

It's still very early. By the end of the year, Middlebrooks will be batting around .270 with 25-30 HRs. He's going to do his fair share of offense on the team. He's batting .287 out of the 7 and 8 spot so I imagine that Farrell is going to keep him down there. Bottom of the lineup has been very productive for the Sox lately.

Reaction Score
It's still very early. By the end of the year, Middlebrooks will be batting around .270 with 25-30 HRs. He's going to do his fair share of offense on the team. He's batting .287 out of the 7 and 8 spot so I imagine that Farrell is going to keep him down there. Bottom of the lineup has been very productive for the Sox lately.

Middlebrooks is a very nice 3rd baseman to have for the future..........solid in the field for sure and will learn to be a good hitter I believe, agree at some point could approach the .290-.300 area I think...........and has real good power, especially at Fenway!!

Reaction Score
Middlebrooks is a very nice 3rd baseman to have for the future..........solid in the field for sure and will learn to be a good hitter I believe, agree at some point could approach the .290-.300 area I think...........and has real good power, especially at Fenway!!

Yeah, I see that in his late 20s. For now though he has his work cut out to get to .270 haha.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Right about Youk, eh ? Yeah, he's done, clearly. Fung-wah indeed.

The amount of talent the Sox gave up to "change direction" is criminal. They ought to have slashed ticket prices in half.

12 mil for Youk and the Yanks have to bring in another 3rd baseman just a month in? Sox should slash ticket prices for having the best record in baseball? Man, you're even worse than that blind squirrel.

Reaction Score
12 mil for Youk and the Yanks have to bring in another 3rd baseman just a month in? Sox should slash ticket prices for having the best record in baseball? Man, you're even worse than that blind squirrel.
I never understood why the Yankees let Eric Chavez go to the Diamondbacks for $3 million and signed Keven Youkilis for $12,000,000. They were both about the same age and Chavez had a far more productive year in 2012. But then again, I never understood why they gave Arod that last contract when they were bidding against themselves. By the way after this year they will still have him under contract for the next four years at an average of $21.5 million per year. Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom