South Florida @ Louisiana St - 12/30/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

South Florida @ Louisiana St - 12/30/18

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Ayanna Mitchell (LSU's best player) got injured on a rebound and left the court putting no weight on her leg (maybe an ankle or a knee?). She was then taken from the court in a wheelchair. Bad sign for LSU.

Plebe

Reaction Score
LSU will be completely screwed in SEC play if she is out
They just showed her walking back from the locker room and said that she's available to play if needed. Scare averted.

Plebe

Reaction Score
USF is truly a turnover machine
They had a jillion turnovers against Kentucky as well. They just have no ball security against pressure D.

Reaction Score
It is what it is, sucks that their star player is out

Good win for LSU, we needed it. Not 100% confident in how we will do in conference play. Luckily the SEC looks pretty rough.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It is what it is, sucks that their star player is out

Good win for LSU, we needed it. Not 100% confident in how we will do in conference play. Luckily the SEC looks pretty rough.
Ha, and by "rough" you mean bad, I take it?

Reaction Score
Ha, and by "rough" you mean bad, I take it?

I try to be nice but yes, bad haha

I don't see us faring well against Miss St, Kentucky, and A&M. Tennessee on paper should blow us out the water but Holly believes in playing to the level of the competition and dropping games she shouldn't.

We open up against Georgia on the road. Georgia did not have a good OOC performance but there are talented kids on that team.

I actually think Arkansas can make noise in the conference this year. Very improved ball club

Alabama and Auburn have potential but are inconsistent

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I think the LSU Athletic Director needs to sign Nikki to another 3 year extension after that win! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think the LSU Athletic Director needs to sign Nikki to another 3 year extension after that win! :rolleyes:

DrIC4okUUAETxYk-718x490.jpg

No thank you. I am hoping someone throws bank at her.

I sound like a horrible fan lol

Truth be told Nikki isn't a bad coach, she does know her X's and O's but she is lazy with how she recruits and manages a college program. Her teams are very streaky, when they play well its great, when we don't its shut it down bad. She just lacks the qualities needed to truly run a top program.

She is in year 8 with no true accomplishments. Her success can in years 2 and 3 with the last players coaches. We will prob sneak into the NCAAT but then as always fall in the first round.

Last edited:

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Looks like the only team that will give UConn any challenges in the conference this season maybe UCF. USF looks like a high school team up against a college team.

I said the same thing as I watched the game. Not the " they look like a High School team."

Reaction Score
Only saw a little of the game on Watch ESPN, but the thought I had... "this is bad for WBB... "

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
USF loss very badly to LSU. I do not remember when USF have loss by that many points.

Reaction Score
Well, I guess USF made it a bit of a game later. This kind of performance makes me glad I did not buy two tickets at the outrageous price of $50- apiece for the UConn game. I wouldn't mind seeing the game (it;'s just a drive for us), but USF is not going to balance its athletic department books on my back, thank you.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Well, I guess USF made it a bit of a game later. This kind of performance makes me glad I did not buy two tickets at the outrageous price of $50- apiece for the UConn game. I wouldn't mind seeing the game (it;'s just a drive for us), but USF is not going to balance its athletic department books on my back, thank you.
Yes, but just think that you would get to see Lou and Pheesa live in their final year at UConn, that just might be worth it.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Looks like the only team that will give UConn any challenges in the conference this season maybe UCF. USF looks like a high school team up against a college team.
No, USF will look like a championship contender against UConn. They’ll make 15 threes and, heck, Latka might make a miraculous recovery and score 25. Never fails

Reaction Score
before you criticize too much, am I not correct that USF is playing without several starters including their version of KLS.....................I wonder what we'd be saying about UConn play if they were playing without KLS and another starter or two....................I guess we'll see next year

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
before you criticize too much, am I not correct that USF is playing without several starters including their version of KLS......I wonder what we'd be saying about UConn play if they were playing without KLS and another starter or two.....I guess we'll see next year
Besides Laksa, I don't think they are missing anyone else-so to whom are you referring?

Maybe Geno should travel with Jose to the land of Euro's to see if he can pick up some for next year, I mean Jose already has 8 Euro's with only 2 as seniors (Laksa and 5th or is it 20th year Ferreira?) and Laksa may return.

To me, Ferreira has always been a tad to "aggressive in her play" to make up for lack of top end skill. So I will not be one to miss her if she actually does leave the program...

Reaction Score
Besides Laksa, I don't think they are missing anyone else-so to whom are you referring?

Maybe Geno should travel with Jose to the land of Euro's to see if he can pick up some for next year, I mean Jose already has 8 Euro's with only 2 as seniors (Laksa and 5th or is it 20th year Ferreira?) and Laksa may return.

To me, Ferreira has always been a tad to "aggressive in her play" to make up for lack of top end skill. So I will not be one to miss her if she actually does leave the program...

I could have sworn they lost another starter or two early in the season, I'll research this........................regardless, if UConn "only" lost KLS it would be a much more difficult season for UConn that goes without saying............

Reaction Score

I may have confused some of last year's injuries with this year's team but I did find this:

"The Bulls, on a two-game losing streak, have been limited to nine healthy players recently. Top scorer and All-America candidate Kitija Laksa was lost for the year to a torn ACL in mid-November, freshman PG Elisa Pinzan has been slowed by an unspecified injury, and SG Vanessa Blagmon left the team days before the season opener."

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I may have confused some of last year's injuries with this year's team but I did find this:

"The Bulls, on a two-game losing streak, have been limited to nine healthy players recently. Top scorer and All-America candidate Kitija Laksa was lost for the year to a torn ACL in mid-November, freshman PG Elisa Pinzan has been slowed by an unspecified injury, and SG Vanessa Blagmon left the team days before the season opener."
Pinzan has played in 10 of 14 and is back as part of a regular rotation. Seems to have a good Assist ratio but is not a scorer at all at this point early in her career. Losing Blagman was just roster filler as Jose likes large rosters, unlike Geno who prefers smaller rosters. Losing her didn’t cause any of their current issues.

Losing Laksa hurts a lot on the offensive end but she was never a defensive person anyway so you would think USF would not have lost much on that end of the floor but alas it seems none of the Euro’s want to play defense either...they are a young squad though so they should improve.

Reaction Score
Pinzan has played in 10 of 14 and is back as part of a regular rotation. Seems to have a good Assist ratio but is not a scorer at all at this point early in her career. Losing Blagman was just roster filler as Jose likes large rosters, unlike Geno who prefers smaller rosters. Losing her didn’t cause any of their current issues.

how's this for timing..............if this isn't a warning to other teams that carry short benches including UConn I don't know what it is.............FIVE players out from the start of the season...........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom