Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
A'ja Wilson didn't play in South Carolina's loss to the Lady Vols. I'm sure she'll want to prove they are the better team. I'm predicting a So Carolina win, but wouldn't surprise me if the Lady Vols win. It depends on which Lady Vol team shows up.

Lose this game the Lady Vols might end up as a 7 seed in the SEC Tournament. If So Carolina loses, I think they end up as the 4th seed, depending on the tie breaking procedures.

Wondering if the Lady Vols win, would that impact A'ja getting POY. If I'm an SEC voter, I give the SEC POY to Victoria Vivians. If that would happen, then A'ja probably doesn't win National POY.

Last edited:

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Don't want either team to come away with a win. Just a bit conflicted as to who to root for. My brain (as limited as it is) won't admit that a UT win could help vacate some votes for Wilson's POY possibilities, but I can't fathom rooting for "Rocky Top". I will watch the game and have angina with every score that either team puts in. Asking for some of your perspective might set off some friendly debate.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
A'ja Wilson didn't play in South Carolina's loss to the Lady Vols. I'm sure she'll want to prove they are the better team. I'm predicting a So Carolina win, but wouldn't surprise me if the Lady Vols win. It depends on which Lady Vol team shows up.

Lose this game the Lady Vols might end up as a 7 seed in the SEC Tournament. If So Carolina loses, I think they end up as the 4th seed, depending on the tie breaking procedures.

Wondering if the Lady Vols win, would that impact A'ja getting POY. If I'm an SEC voter, I give the SEC POY to Victoria Vivians. If that would happen, then A'ja probably doesn't win National POY.

More often than not the SEC POY goes to someone from the conference champion. Considering Mississippi State is undefeated and 3 games ahead of South Carolina, I hope Vivians takes home the award. Keep in mind, Misssissippi State likely becomes the first SEC team in 20 years to finish the regular season undefeated. I think with the dominance of the team and the standout play of Vivians, it’d be a shame if she isn’t rewarded.

Aja could still win the majority of POY awards too. In 2008 Parker took home most NPOY awards but lost the SEC POY to Fowles when LSU went 14-0 to Tennessee’s 13-1.

Reaction Score
Don't want either team to come away with a win. Just a bit conflicted as to who to root for. My brain (as limited as it is) won't admit that a UT win could help vacate some votes for Wilson's POY possibilities, but I can't fathom rooting for "Rocky Top". I will watch the game and have angina with every score that either team puts in. Asking for some of your perspective might set off some friendly debate.
There is a fundamental law that dictates the preferred outcome in this and similar contests. The law is "Anybody but Tennessee".

Reaction Score
It’s hard for me to understand why any UConn fan would root against SC, other than when they line up vs UConn itself. Is it because, God forbid, they’ve become formidable? Is it because a brash and cocky coach took over a formerly moribund program and advanced it to the highest level of WCBB? Don’t make me laugh. A’ja? Who could dislike that kid?
Now the Tenn thing I sort of get, but really, ain’t that gettin’ kind of old? Some teams, sure, are worth the effort to get worked up to hate, ND for example. But Tenn and poor, Hapless Holly? Nothing could be better for WCBB than a bigtime infusion of national fan interest. Nothing contributes to that felicitous contingency like the emergence of more programs competing at the top level. Does that mean that such programs inevitably get closer to UConn? Sure...only adds more meaning to UConn’s remarkable record of success. Embrace it!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It’s hard for me to understand why any UConn fan would root against SC, other than when they line up vs UConn itself. Is it because, God forbid, they’ve become formidable? Is it because a brash and cocky coach took over a formerly moribund program and advanced it to the highest level of WCBB? Don’t make me laugh. A’ja? Who could dislike that kid?
Now the Tenn thing I sort of get, but really, ain’t that gettin’ kind of old? Some teams, sure, are worth the effort to get worked up to hate, ND for example. But Tenn and poor, Hapless Holly? Nothing could be better for WCBB than a bigtime infusion of national fan interest. Nothing contributes to that felicitous contingency like the emergence of more programs competing at the top level. Does that mean that such programs inevitably get closer to UConn? Sure...only adds more meaning to UConn’s remarkable record of success. Embrace it!

Gave this a like because I agree, but it sure was fun hating Tennessee. ND is totally different level of disdain. A solid program without the NCs to back it up. A reputation, like its football program far greater than any modern accomplishments. An athletic department that believes its own bs.

Jim

Reaction Score
There is a fundamental law that dictates the preferred outcome in this and similar contests. The law is "Anybody but Tennessee".
Considering how much folks around here also dislike Syracuse, I thought the law was amended to "Anybody Not Wearing Orange."

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Oh please don't misunderstand. I have nothing but good words and encouragement for SC and A'ja. I do NOT believe she is the best candidate for POY. She was "elected" by preseason pundits and therefore it is up to someone to shine so much brighter than her, to take it away. It will not be good enough for someone to have better numbers and team betterment to simply win it. I know there are many who believes she deserves it and I can respect that. Back to the Tenn thing........... I can't and won't root for them, it's just not in my chemistry.

It's fun "batting around" our different opinion. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Tennessee hopefully wins! I am a WCBB fan and my team is Uconn! As a player, coach and fan I never hate another team or player. After this year SC will fall back to the days before Aja and they already started.

WestCoastPup

Eclipse
Reaction Score
I vote for SC, strongly! Last year, I dismissed the notion that they even belonged on the same court ... ok, that didn't go so well. None the less, I think SC has learned from those losses (last year and this one, sans Wilson) and will be out to provide a point.
Note: TN can be formidable, but usually the opponents fold against them, allowing for big wins, but not really strong statements (ND, SC last year; Stanford, TX this year). I don't think SC will fold, so TN will have to take the win... not sure if they're up for the task.

Reaction Score
I can only guess that this will be a better game than watching our men's team struggle against Memphis (I hope).

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Michelle Voepell and ESPN reporting A'ja did not make the trip to Knoxville. Lady Vols should win the game if this is accurate.

WestCoastPup

Eclipse
Reaction Score
No Wilson makes it REALLY interesting... however I'm sticking with SC. I think they have a chip on their shoulders and something to prove... though it will be a lot harder to bring home the W...

Reaction Score
Tennessee hopefully wins! I am a WCBB fan and my team is Uconn! As a player, coach and fan I never hate another team or player. After this year SC will fall back to the days before Aja and they already started.

The days before Aja we won an SEC regular season title and garnered a #1 seed so I'll be very happy with that after she leaves :D

Reaction Score
Considering how much folks around here also dislike Syracuse, I thought the law was amended to "Anybody Not Wearing Orange."
Hold on there! My daughter graduated from Cuse! I bleed orange except when the women are playing Uconn

Reaction Score
scnoaja.jpg

Reaction Score
Wilson has vertigo and didn’t make the road trip, the team tweeted Sunday afternoon. According to a team spokesperson, this is not the first time Wilson has suffered from vertigo. She was ruled out as a precaution on Saturday just before the Gamecocks left for Knoxville

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Outside of Wilson, SC is shaky. While you never know which TN team will show up, I’m thinking the Lady Vols will be up for this one at home, pulling off an upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom