South Carolina loses to Drake!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

South Carolina loses to Drake!!

Reaction Score
Thanks..... I think :oops: I guess after this head cold passes (cant really taste food all that well) I'll have to venture out in search of these products.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. So I won't be offended that you didn't even notice I threw this in JUST FOR YOU.

Triangle (Raleigh-Durham-Cheatin Hill)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Lol, but didn't he say, in some other thread, he goes to the Duke games?

EDIT: that Lowes Foods looks like a great place to shop.

Selected Duke games....... about a 45 minute drive to Cameron Indoor via Interstate 85. Sidenote:.. Never in my life have I shopped at a Lowe's Food..... but did a quick google and found this tidbit about the store here in Greensboro

The store at New Garden Crossing Shopping Center now features new in-store concepts that include Bread Crumb, an artisan bakery producing fresh breads 4:30-7:30 p.m. daily; Sausageworks, which offers a variety of locally-made pork, beef and turkey sausages; Chicken Kitchen, featuring grilled, fried and spit-fire roasted chicken and wings; Smokehouse, which offers daily rotations of wood-smoked meats; Sammy’s, which offers grab-and-go signature sandwiches, create-your-own pizzas and paninis; and The Cakery cake bakery.

There is an ins-store service where you can drop off your fresh vegetables and fruits to have prepped the way you want them.

Good gosh :eek: I need to drive over to Lowe's this week

Reaction Score
Selected Duke games.. about a 45 minute drive to Cameron Indoor via Interstate 85. Sidenote:.. Never in my life have I shopped at a Lowe's Food..... but did a quick google and found this tidbit about the store here in Greensboro

The store at New Garden Crossing Shopping Center now features new in-store concepts that include Bread Crumb, an artisan bakery producing fresh breads 4:30-7:30 p.m. daily; Sausageworks, which offers a variety of locally-made pork, beef and turkey sausages; Chicken Kitchen, featuring grilled, fried and spit-fire roasted chicken and wings; Smokehouse, which offers daily rotations of wood-smoked meats; Sammy’s, which offers grab-and-go signature sandwiches, create-your-own pizzas and paninis; and The Cakery cake bakery.

There is an ins-store service where you can drop off your fresh vegetables and fruits to have prepped the way you want them.

Good gosh :eek: I need to drive over to Lowe's this week

When vowelguy first added the list of stores around your "neck of the woods", I thought cannot possibly be Lowes...don't they sell plywood and 2x4's? :eek:. Reason I went on Google to check it out, from the photos attached to the Google, it's great looking store. Looking at the photos sort of reminds me of the "few" Stew Leonard's stores we have in CT and I believe NY City area.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
When vowelguy first added the list of stores around your "neck of the woods", I thought cannot possibly be Lowes...don't they sell plywood and 2x4's? :eek:. Reason I went on Google to check it out, from the photos attached to the Google, it's great looking store. Looking at the photos sort of reminds me of the "few" Stew Leonard's stores we have in CT and I believe NY City area.

I had to look this up. cause you made me curious. . .. from wiki...

The first Lowe's store, Lowe's North Wilkesboro Hardware, was first opened in North Wilkesboro, North Carolina in 1921 by Lucius Smith Lowe (1879–1940).[5][6][7] After Lowe died in 1940, the business was inherited by his daughter Ruth, who sold the company to her brother Jim that same year. Jim took on Carl Buchan as a partner in 1943.[8]
Buchan anticipated the dramatic increase in construction after World War II, and under his management, the store focused on hardware and building materials.[9] Before then, the product mix had also included notions, dry goods, horse tack, snuff, produce, and groceries. The company bought a second location in Sparta, North Carolina in 1949.
Lowe and Buchan differed on expanding the company to new areas and they split in 1952 with Buchan (himself) taking control of the hardware and building supply business and Lowe taking other joint ventures the two controlled (including a car dealership). Buchan became the sole owner of Lowe's. In 1954, Lowe started the Lowes Foods grocery store chain.

Reaction Score
You may be correct about SC finishing as the runner up to MS St in the SEC. But sitting at the T-U Center in Albany last March, watching the Gamecocks first struggle with Buffalo and then get walloped by the Huskies, I was struck by just how average they were talent wise after A’ja Wilson. Whenever SC got into a tight game last year, they would pound the ball inside to Wilson, and she would carry the team on her back. Without Wilson, I don’t know if the Gamecocks have an answer in all the tight battles that await them in conference.

It is a valid point.

one thing is certain. USC needs to figure out who it's best players are and develop something of a set rotation.

Right now it seems disjointed and I could see how players are having trouble understanding their roles.

I don't think Coach can afford to give 10-20 minutes to players who aren't the best at their position as she has done in the past.

I think these continue to be solid wake up calls. If people don't start waking up they need to sit.

Reaction Score
I’m sure you’re right. I’m just enjoying seeing SC looking like Holly is coaching them. They can’t continue to be this bad. Cooper starting to get it done. They have a log jam at guard. I wonder if Perry from Clemson is beginning to regret picking SC. She’s not getting a ton of minutes for someone with her ability.

I wonder if she should play ahead of Jackson and particularly Client.

But Staley has always favored the incumbents. Even when they had better players behind them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom