South Carolina Leads In Attendance for the Third Straight Year | Page 3 | The Boneyard

South Carolina Leads In Attendance for the Third Straight Year

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I didn't say that, or anything close to that. But feel free to make up stuff if you like. I only said the ultra-cheap prices explain why SC LED the nation. I did not say that winning and marketing campaigns had nothing to do with it. Am curious why facts make one "arrogant".

We can argue semantics if you'd like... but I'd prefer not. I will say this... "almost as if" means that you didn't say it verbatim. Read carefully.

And you stating the fact of our cheap tickets wasn't where I gathered your arrogant viewpoint.. it was the way you described our ticket prices as "giveaway" and then followed it up with "IF UConn...."

That came across as an arrogant viewpoint.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
True. But you didn't mention that the most recent numbers, for 2015, show revenue of almost $8.9 Million compared to expenses of $7.5 Million.

It is also worth noting that the revenue for the women's program does not get credited for any merchandise sold.

Did your source provide a breakdown of earnings and expenses? I'm curious where the huge (120%) increase in revenues is coming from. Especially since ticket sales (the program's #1 earning source) are down or at best stagnant.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
We can argue semantics if you'd like... but I'd prefer not. I will say this... "almost as if" means that you didn't say it verbatim. Read carefully.

And you stating the fact of our cheap tickets wasn't where I gathered your arrogant viewpoint.. it was the way you described our ticket prices as "giveaway" and then followed it up with "IF UConn...."

That came across as an arrogant viewpoint.

Maybe not arrogance. It might be repressed ticket envy. ;)

Reaction Score
Not so. I believe that the team has been in the red for most of it's existence. In 2014 the team earnings were $4.0 million while expenditures were $6.3 million.

Most women's teams survive simply because they are heavily subsidized by the University.
2011 the mens team made 3.9 million while the women made 3.8 million.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
As far as cost of attendance, USC still led in attendance for the first 2 rounds of the NCAA Tournament. I would imagine that NCAAT prices are standard around the country.

Reaction Score
Had a feeling this thread would go this way...

Any event adult admission was $8.00 last season. Season tickets ran $60 bucks for lower level reserved seating.

If anything I would estimate that actual attendance probably decreased last season due to more Gamecock Club reserved season tickets being sold.

Season ticket prices have ticked upwards this season again as I think they are $70 a piece this season.

I actually think that the cheaper, few reserved seats was better for the program and the community as it engaged a different group of people than usual who were wholly engaged in the team. The increased number of Gamecock Club seats just means you are pricing people out of the lower level and more people who don't actually care are buying tickets that they will not use.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom