South Carolina game Feb 8 | The Boneyard

South Carolina game Feb 8

Reaction Score
The only game that I'm a little worried about is the South Carolina Game. I think UCONN wins all the rest.

Reaction Score
The only game that I'm a little worried about is the South Carolina Game. I think UCONN wins all the rest.
While Crystal's value to last year's team can't be minimized, and Megan's as well, our incoming class and our upper-classman, will more than make up for it. USC, on the other hand, has bigger holes to fill. Harris and Harrigan played a larger role for the Ganecocks, and replacing them, a bigger challenge. For my money, I ike our chances, especially at home!:cool:

Reaction Score
SC is the toughest game on the schedule. That game being in February will give the Husky Pups a good amount of time to grow and mature. Going to have height problems with Louisville.

Reaction Score
While Crystal's value to last year's team can't be minimized, and Megan's as well, our incoming class and our upper-classman, will more than make up for it. USC, on the other hand, has bigger holes to fill. Harris and Harrigan played a larger role for the Ganecocks, and replacing them, a bigger challenge. For my money, I ike our chances, especially at home!:cool:

with corona crowd restrictions, I don’t know how much of afactor the home floor will be this year. Some? yes. But maybe not as much as usual.

yes, we do have two big holes to fill this year. We have talent to filll them, but can we fill the leadership holes?

just glad we are playing again

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
with corona crowd restrictions, I don’t know how much of afactor the home floor will be this year. Some? yes. But maybe not as much as usual.

yes, we do have two big holes to fill this year. We have talent to filll them, but can we fill the leadership holes?

just glad we are playing again

Just saw an announcement on ESPN that SC wcbb games will allow 3500 fans

Reaction Score
SC is the toughest game on the schedule. That game being in February will give the Husky Pups a good amount of time to grow and mature. Going to have height problems with Louisville.

Louisville has 4 players 6'3" or taller. UConn has 4 players 6'2" or taller. I can see where you're concerned.

Reaction Score
Size inside shouldn't be a problem with Louisville. They only have 3 forwards on the whole roster and the only one with college experience is Dixon at 6-5 who averaged 4 PPG last year in 14 MPG. 6-4 R FR. Parker is a backup. Cochran a 6-3 FR. could be good but obviously has no experience either. A late add to the roster is a 6-4 FR. Williams who will redshirt and since she was added in June, could be a walkon.

Reaction Score

You do realize that in Megan and Crystal UConn lost 38 of it’s 52 points scored in that matchup? The only other double digit scorer was ONO with 10 and the rest combined scored 2. Not saying the freshman and Evina won’t be very good but I don’t think you understood how valuable Dangerfield and Walker were to that team. Of course losing Harris and Herbert Harrigan will hurt some but SC has players ready to step in and take over. UConn will always be our toughest matchup though. I’m a little disappointed I won’t be able to see it in person but I’m just glad we’re able to have a season and watch it all unfold.

Reaction Score
You do realize that in Megan and Crystal UConn lost 38 of it’s 52 points scored in that matchup? The only other double digit scorer was ONO with 10 and the rest combined scored 2. Not saying the freshman and Evina won’t be very good but I don’t think you understood how valuable Dangerfield and Walker were to that team. Of course losing Harris and Herbert Harrigan will hurt some but SC has players ready to step in and take over. UConn will always be our toughest matchup though. I’m a little disappointed I won’t be able to see it in person but I’m just glad we’re able to have a season and watch it all unfold.
First, in reference to their my estimation of their value, perhaps my first sentence, "While Crystal's value to last year's team can't be minimized, and Megan's as well"....slipped by you. Seemingly, it was stated fairly clearly. Second, every team has players "ready to step in". What they don't have is the leadership both Harris and Harrigan provided, especially against the toughest opponents. Let's not forget the assist machine Harris was for USC. Speaking of #s in last year's match-up. Wasn't it Harris who provided 11 of your 14 assists? Harrigan wasn't your routine forward, her outside game, and three point touch, was invaluable for the Gamecocks. But, again, its their experience and leadership that'll be hard to replace - they were both valuable crunch time players. As was Crystal. Megan, not so much.
Our non-conference schedule should give us a good idea of who we are prior to our scheduled Feb 8
match-up, which should be entertaining. And, provide us with a glimpse of how well each of the teams have adjusted without their former players.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
First, in reference to their my estimation of their value, perhaps my first sentence, "While Crystal's value to last year's team can't be minimized, and Megan's as well"....slipped by you. Seemingly, it was stated fairly clearly. Second, every team has players "ready to step in". What they don't have is the leadership both Harris and Harrigan provided, especially against the toughest opponents. Let's not forget the assist machine Harris was for USC. Speaking of #s in last year's match-up. Wasn't it Harris who provided 11 of your 14 assists? Harrigan wasn't your routine forward, her outside game, and three point touch, was invaluable for the Gamecocks. But, again, its their experience and leadership that'll be hard to replace - they were both valuable crunch time players. As was Crystal. Megan, not so much.
Our non-conference schedule should give us a good idea of who we are prior to our scheduled Feb 8
match-up, which should be entertaining. And, provide us with a glimpse of how well each of the teams have adjusted without their former players.
The "experience" has been passed off to the freshman class from last year. I am sure South Carolina has enough quality bench players to make up for Harris and Herbert-Harrington. Saxon and Grissett are beasts and with Henderson (who played better than Harris at times), Littleton, and Russell...they will be fine at guard. If you add in Amihere who has reported to be much, much better (the knee has healed to the point she has shed her brace) this team will be as good as last years team...and you could make a "better" argument. UCONN at home will be a tough assignment but this team won't lose on "Harris and Herbert-Harrington's exit" but simply because they got outplayed. I would still give UCONN the edge based only on the fact the game is at Gampel Pavilion..

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Just saw an announcement on ESPN that SC wcbb games will allow 3500 fans

Yes, but I'm not sure if that many will go. I've been a season ticket holder for years, but I don't want to risk it, even with masks required.

Reaction Score
The "experience" has been passed off to the freshman class from last year. I am sure South Carolina has enough quality bench players to make up for Harris and Herbert-Harrington. Saxon and Grissett are beasts and with Henderson (who played better than Harris at times), Littleton, and Russell...they will be fine at guard. If you add in Amihere who has reported to be much, much better (the knee has healed to the point she has shed her brace) this team will be as good as last years team...and you could make a "better" argument. UCONN at home will be a tough assignment but this team won't lose on "Harris and Herbert-Harrington's exit" but simply because they got outplayed. I would still give UCONN the edge based only on the fact the game is at Gampel Pavilion..

At an empty Gampel. I think home court advantage is going to have to be reevaluated this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom