South Carolina beats Ole Miss in overtime. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

South Carolina beats Ole Miss in overtime.

Reaction Score
Yes. In one disgraceful case a foul was correctly called while in the other disgraceful case the refs didn't make the right call. :) Even an off balance player cannot be shoved by a defender. Boston put her hand on the player and extended her arm. That's called a push.
Looks like she was keeping her from falling into her knees. If the refs didn't call it and the announcers didn't acknowledge it, I think "disgraceful" is a little too much.

Reaction Score
As I watched I regreted not making the now short drive down to Oxford to watch it in person. I thought Ole Miss played very well but just ran out of gas.

SC is very good but not unbeatable. There was part of me that felt they weren't really putting forth a lot of effort for a good portion of the game, figuring they would turn it up when needed. Ole Miss kept that from happening and it turned out to be a very entertaining game.

Props to Coach Yo and the Rebels for a great game. SC did what they had to do but needs to get more focused for the tournament if they plan to repeat as champs.
You'll Mississippi schools have given us some of our toughest games this year.

Reaction Score
Looks like she was keeping her from falling into her knees. If the refs didn't call it and the announcers didn't acknowledge it, I think "disgraceful" is a little too much.
The same announcers that thought that very clean block called foul on Zia Cooke shooting at 3 was a foul even on replay? Yea, they were pretty terrible too lol

Reaction Score

It was more of a foul than Carrington in the 2021 E8 game. I'll bet we can find a lot of high def blowups of the Miss player with Boston's hand on her. That was the entirety of the evidence in 2021.

UConn fans learned long ago that the benefit of the doubt always favors the underdog, not the top dog. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This was a physical game and there was a lot that wasn't called for both sides all game. They let them play. That no call was fairly on par to how the game was called as a whole, which was to Ole Miss benefit. They are known to get a little foul happy at times with a more strict whistle.

That one play didn't cost them the game, if she was more in control they would have definitely called it but in real time it didn't look like much and the refs didn't call it.

Reaction Score
This was a physical game and there was a lot that wasn't called for both sides all game. They let them play. That no call was fairly on par to how the game was called as a whole, which was to Ole Miss benefit. They are known to get a little foul happy at times with a more strict whistle.

That one play didn't cost them the game, if she was more in control they would have definitely called it but in real time it didn't look like much and the refs didn't call it.

That's almost exactly what I said in the 2021 E8 game. The media wasn't as kind to UConn as they were to SCar.

Reaction Score
Yes, watch the replay at 1:30:00 to 1:30:26 (special at 1:30:03 and 1:30:26
) you can see Boston push Marquesha Davis and was not called a foul.

View attachment 84249

There is no push. None. Davis flat fell.

It was not called a foul bc there was no foul to call.

Reaction Score
Another photo at 1:30:26 shows Boston's push.

View attachment 84250
Literally NO part of her body is even touching Davis's in a screen grab you claim shows Aliyah shoving her. Bless your heart. You tried.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230222_031045_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230222_031045_Chrome.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 86

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member