South Carolina beats Ole Miss in overtime. | The Boneyard

South Carolina beats Ole Miss in overtime.

Reaction Score
Final score was 64-57. Game was tied at 55 in regulation. Ole Miss came close to winning in regular time and turned over the ball in the last possession. The OT was mostly South Carolina. Game was very exciting to watch.

Reaction Score
I don't think South Carolina substituted from somewhere in the 3Q until Beal fouled out.

I'm not really sure what the point is of depth.

For the record, I agree with Dawn's assessment of the best five: Raven, Cooke, Beal, Boston, Cardoso. And I wasn't excited about seeing anyone else, but wow.

Reaction Score
Ole Miss is a very scrappy team. Despite their record and with no Austin, I like this group better than last years team. They played very well and competitively also in their non conference losses to Utah and OU. Not a team I personally would want to deal with in my NCAAT bracket

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't think South Carolina substituted from somewhere in the 3Q until Beal fouled out.

I'm not really sure what the point is of depth.

For the record, I agree with Dawn's assessment of the best five: Raven, Cooke, Beal, Boston, Cardoso. And I wasn't excited about seeing anyone else, but wow.
Depth is overrated, I’ve never understood understood the medias obsessions with South Carolina’s depth. If anything the depth used all year hurt South Carolina because Boston isn’t used to playing that many minutes without a sun and looked gassed.

Reaction Score
Exciting doesn't mean pretty, I guess. Very tense.
Even the best teams have tough days and you get to see how they fight back their own jitters to prevail. Sometimes, things don’t work out and there is an upset.

Reaction Score
I know most people (including myself) believe SC primed to repeat, but it's hard to go undefeated through a whole season ...

I didn't watch much of the game, but I'm curious to see what the SC BYers thought of it.

Gordon Ramsay Nerves GIF by Next Level Chef

Reaction Score
I know most people (including myself) believe SC primed to repeat, but it's hard to go undefeated through a whole season ...

I didn't watch much of the game, but I'm curious to see what the SC BYers thought of it.

Gordon Ramsay Nerves GIF by Next Level Chef
Ole miss played a great game … I do feel SC played flat the whole game. Just never looked like they ever really got into the game. But that may be bc ole miss never let them get into a groove. Props to Ole Miss!

Reaction Score
I’m glad it was tight. I’m glad sole Miss pushed us. I’m glad if this is a wake-up call. Kentucky gave us a more painful wake-up. All last year.

I’m glad we squeaked by.

Reaction Score
Turned the ball over? Girl was pushed out of bound with no foul called. Disgraceful officiating.
Yes, watch the replay at 1:30:00 to 1:30:26 (special at 1:30:03 and 1:30:26
) you can see Boston push Marquesha Davis and was not called a foul.

Screenshot (29).png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Depth is overrated, I’ve never understood understood the medias obsessions with South Carolina’s depth. If anything the depth used all year hurt South Carolina because Boston isn’t used to playing that many minutes without a sun and looked gassed.
Their depth has scored even or outscored every teamn they played this year. So they had a tight game, it was good to see them figure it out just as they figured out their quirks last year after the Kentucky loss. Better to have this during a gritty win than a pretty loss. Also, if depth is overrated, then how do you explain the games Uconn is having to grit out, because their players are obviously either tired or injured for not having adequate depth. This is an uninformed take. Boston was having her wrist iced the entire second half when she was on the bench and was sporting a sort of soft cast. No excuses as her and Cardoza seemed to take over early in overtime as they did late in the Uconn game. If this puts another chip on their shoulder, then the closenes will be worth it as they prepare for the postseason.

Reaction Score
Their depth has scored even or outscored every teamn they played this year. So they had a tight game, it was good to see them figure it out just as they figured out their quirks last year after the Kentucky loss. Better to have this during a gritty win than a pretty loss. Also, if depth is overrated, then how do you explain the games Uconn is having to grit out, because their players are obviously either tired or injured for not having adequate depth. This is an uninformed take. Boston was having her wrist iced the entire second half when she was on the bench and was sporting a sort of soft cast. No excuses as her and Cardoza seemed to take over early in overtime as they did late in the Uconn game. If this puts another chip on their shoulder, then the closenes will be worth it as they prepare for the postseason.
You seem to be proving my point and not even realizing it?

UConn is having to grit out games because they are playing teams that a good and that they’ve already seen. The same reason South Carolina is having to grit out games. And seeing as UConns injury problems came in December I don’t think lack of depth was the cause for them.

I don’t think anyone recommends or wants to play with a five man rotation like UConn has had to until this week but a 7-8 man rotation is ideal and likely what South Carolina will stick with moving forward in meaningful games.

Reaction Score
It was a pretty intense game, but South Carolina continues to find ways to win. With Boston and Cardoso having subpar games, Zia Cooke had another monster game.

Reaction Score
Yes, watch the replay at 1:30:00 to 1:30:26 (special at 1:30:03 and 1:30:26
) you can see Boston push Marquesha Davis and was not called a foul.

View attachment 84249

Watching this is real time it didn't look like a foul but on the replays you can see a definite pushing action by Boston.

Ask Baylor about getting foul calls at the end of a game (replay start at 1:20:20 vs UConn in 2021 Elite 8)

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I didn't watch much of the game, but I'm curious to see what the SC BYers thought of itself
In the SEC championship, I didn’t think we were going to actually lose to Kentucky until they hit that 3 in the final second. Whole time, felt like one of those valiant comebacks doomed to fall short, and I was thinking, “Man, Kentucky just won’t die. This is going to be a good lesson for the NCAA’s!”

Today, the 4th quarter felt like a loss looming. Just never felt like the ladies grabbed the game by the throat in regulation, and Mississippi’s team and crowd was feeling it too. Was very relieved to finally get the ball up two scores in overtime

Reaction Score
Watching this is real time it didn't look like a foul but on the replays you can see a definite pushing action by Boston.

Ask Baylor about getting foul calls at the end of a game (replay start at 1:20:20 vs UConn in 2021 Elite 8)
She was stumbling, Boston had her hands on her after she began to fall. I don't think she pushed her because the player would have had some type of reaction after the fact. She got up as if she knew she fell.

Reaction Score
And Coach Yo never reacted either. So the ref didn’t see it, the player with the ball didn’t feel it, and the Coach didn’t think it….. I didn’t see the push. I saw a player spin, lose her balance, and fall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom