South Carolina (25) @ Purdue - 12/16/18 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

South Carolina (25) @ Purdue - 12/16/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
SC luck to have second chance. SC not a good team today and unless Dawn can get them playing as a team they will be lucky to make the big dance.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Purdue is wasted in 2OT. I think this is over.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
THE real sad news is the voters will see SC won and will keep them in the top 25 yuk!

Reaction Score
LSU should be a free win for South Carolina [ ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
A win is a win and I don’t know why I see so much chatter from a Florida St fan considering their coach can NEVER beat Dawn when it matters, as well as a Miss St fan whose team is VASTLY overrated and has won ONE SEC regular season title like cmon humble yourself sir ... and no matter how bad SC may be we all know that goes out the window when we play Miss St.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A win is a win and I don’t know why I see so much chatter from a Florida St fan considering their coach can NEVER beat Dawn when it matters, as well as a Miss St fan whose team is VASTLY overrated and has won ONE SEC regular season title like cmon humble yourself sir ... and no matter how bad SC may be we all know that goes out the window when we play Miss St.

200.gif

Spur with some smoke

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The only reason that SC is even considered a "good" team is because of the graduated A'ja Wilson. However, next year, the sky appears to be the limit...

Reaction Score

Relax and enjoy your season.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
stays the fan whose team was a complete disaster and hadn’t won anything until a regular title in 2014, then lost the tournament to Tenn (yuk!) before having a nice run of SEC tournament wins. So last year, MSU won the Reg season title to lose the tourney to SC. MAYBE this year starts the run of 4 straight for MSU?

You have to admit, your team looks a mess. As TriadDuke noted, good thing the SEC is a disaster this year....so you should be a lock to get eliminated in the second round this year.

Reaction Score
Why are they so sensitive?

It’s not about being sensitive I’m well aware of our teams struggles this year but I don’t expect a Florida St fan to come on here and trash talk another team when your squad hasn’t had anything to brag about..... that’s like the pot calling the kettle black!

Reaction Score
It’s not about being sensitive I’m well aware of our teams struggles this year but I don’t expect a Florida St fan to come on here and trash talk another team when your squad hasn’t had anything to brag about..... that’s like the pot calling the kettle black!

Alrighty then, I'll make sure to check with you first before I comment on anything pertaining to SC, enjoy your season.

Reaction Score
stays the fan whose team was a complete disaster and hadn’t won anything until a regular title in 2014, then lost the tournament to Tenn (yuk!) before having a nice run of SEC tournament wins. So last year, MSU won the Reg season title to lose the tourney to SC. MAYBE this year starts the run of 4 straight for MSU?

You have to admit, your team looks a mess. As TriadDuke noted, good thing the SEC is a disaster this year....so you should be a lock to get eliminated in the second round this year.

The correct word would have been “says” and your obviously missing the point of my initial post. Fans of squads that hasn’t won a thing in their conference or has won just ONE regular season championship think they can trash a team like their own squads are world beaters. I’m not riding the Miss St train like the rest of you... SC went through the SEC practically unscathed in 2016 like Miss St did in 2018. But we didn’t beat our chest like we’re unbeatable either. They happen to do that once and now they think they’re a shoe- in for the SEC! Lol it’s really laughable it this will be my last post saying this... they’ll realize it next year when they take the same step back SC did this year. And I highly doubt Miss St will win the SEC the next four years with what they’re losing and what teams like SC and Tenn gain....

Reaction Score
According to ESPN's Game Flow graph, with 33 seconds left in regulation, Purdue had an 81.6% chance of winning this game. Later, with 7 seconds left in the first OT, Purdue had a 98.7% chance of winning the game. Simply no excuse for Purdue not closing out this game.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
The correct word would have been “says” and your obviously missing the point of my initial post. Fans of squads that hasn’t won a thing in their conference or has won just ONE regular season championship think they can trash a team like their own squads are world beaters. I’m not riding the Miss St train like the rest of you... SC went through the SEC practically unscathed in 2016 like Miss St did in 2018. But we didn’t beat our chest like we’re unbeatable either. They happen to do that once and now they think they’re a shoe- in for the SEC! Lol it’s really laughable it this will be my last post saying this... they’ll realize it next year when they take the same step back SC did this year. And I highly doubt Miss St will win the SEC the next four years with what they’re losing and what teams like SC and Tenn gain....
Spur, I haven’t really seen too much of the beating of the MSU chests as you put it on this board. I have seen a bit over exhuberance that I always quell a bit, just like I did with your own chest bumping. Congrats that since 2014, SC has been relevant in WCBB and you have to take the bad with the good as this year your team is not a power. MSU is the top of the SEC pile this year. I am mightily concerned in how disjointed this years team is and am worried about her offensive coaching in general and as it pertains to the USA Team.

Reaction Score
Spur, I haven’t really seen too much of the beating of the MSU chests as you put it on this board. I have seen a bit over exhuberance that I always quell a bit, just like I did with your own chest bumping. Congrats that since 2014, SC has been relevant in WCBB and you have to take the bad with the good as this year your team is not a power. MSU is the top of the SEC pile this year. I am mightily concerned in how disjointed this years team is and am worried about her offensive coaching in general and as it pertains to the USA Team.

Say what you want but they beat their chests lol... I’ve seen several posts where they consider themselves Elite and if you read their board like I do you wouldn’t like them as much! I can assure you they’re not as fond of UCONN and Geno as UCONN fans are of them and Vic. Say what you want but Dawn is working with what she has! Only two players on our squad was a top 10 recruit out of High school and one is a freshman that’s still learning and the other is a transfer that hasn’t played in over two years! The rest are role players still trying to make an impact. As far as I’m concerned this was a big win for us because they never gave up and it was our first true road game. But everyone can think what they want it’s not going to faze Dawn or her team.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Did you watch the World Cup? That was a great coaching job by Dawn. Considering the amount of time Team USA had together and the revolving door roster, that team gelled incredibly quick and later in the tournament the offensive chemistry and execution was definitely there. Dawn is very adept at adapting her style to her roster and she showed that with Team USA. Anybody that watched the tournament would be confident in her leadership for 2020. The players on Team USA are, not sure why some others can’t get on board.. most of the people that aren’t on board are just anti-Dawn, and that’s fine, but don’t hide behind things like “I question her ability to coach” when you just don’t like her. She’s proven time and time again she can adjust and coach.

Reaction Score
Say what you want but they beat their chests lol... I’ve seen several posts where they consider themselves Elite and if you read their board like I do you would like them as much! I can assure you they’re not as fond of UCONN and Geno as UCONN fans are of them and Vic. Say what you want but Dawn is working with what she has! Only two players on our squad was a top 10 recruit out of High school and one is a freshman that’s still learning and the other is a transfer that hasn’t played in over two years! The rest are role players still trying to make an impact. As far as I’m concerned this was a big win for us because they never gave up and it was our first true road game. But everyone can think what they want it’s not going to faze Dawn or her team.

Curious. So Miss State is not "Elite." Is South Carolina "Elite?"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom