Sources Say BYU/UConn will join Big 12 for FB only | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Sources Say BYU/UConn will join Big 12 for FB only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You are more than welcome to beleive what you want but that won't change the fact that most people have no idea who is in the BE these days nor do they even know where most of the schools are located if you asked them where Marquette, Xavier, Creighton, Butler, etc are.

Sounds like you are a BB fan ans seem to think the rest of the country is the same way, but that simply isn't true. The NCAA tournament draws in lots of casual fans but those fans are not turning into regular season BE games. They pay attention during the tournament but aside from that they have no idea what is going on with the BE or college basketball in general

Comparing Auburn to any Big East schools is just ridiculous, and quite frankly shows how out of touch with reality you are. Beyond hardcore BB fans in the NE and parts of the MW the BE is an afterthought to most of the country.

Reaction Score
Well if they stick their finger right into the middle of the country, they'll hit both, since they're about a 2-hour drive away from each other.

You guys don't; get it. The vast majority of people in this country have no idea where Creighton is located. You seem to think winning missouri valley conference titles made them a household name when in reality nobody cares about the MVC.

UConn fans follow BB as closely as any other fanbase in the country so its' not surprising that you think everyone else follows BB the same way but unfortunately that's just not true.

To put this in perspective I'd say Boise is easily more popular and recognizable college sports team than Vilanova to most of the country.

Reaction Score
You guys don't; get it. The vast majority of people in this country have no idea where Creighton is located. You seem to think winning missouri valley conference titles made them a household name when in reality nobody cares about the MVC.

UConn fans follow BB as closely as any other fanbase in the country so its' not surprising that you think everyone else follows BB the same way but unfortunately that's just not true.

To put this in perspective I'd say Boise is easily more popular and recognizable college sports team than Vilanova to most of the country.

No, not a troll. Just someone not a UConn fan who visits to explain to us that we are all idiots who don't understand anything and if we just would listen to him we'd know much more. Wait -- you mean that is what a troll is?

Could folks please stop engaging him so he justs gets bored and leaves.

Reaction Score
Creighton is the name of a city in Nebraska. You don't think people might guess that's where the school is located?

Reaction Score
Yo, MM. Most people don't know where Burma is either or, indeed Nebraska. When given a map of the central US, 1/2 the population will pick some state other than Nebraska. When given a map of Eastern Asia, the heads of half the viewing population will explode. Now take BL's advice and just go.

Reaction Score
No, not a troll. Just someone not a UConn fan who visits to explain to us that we are all idiots who don't understand anything and if we just would listen to him we'd know much more. Wait -- you mean that is what a troll is?

Could folks please stop engaging him so he justs gets bored and leaves.

You dont' seem to handle other opinions well, immediately resorting to childish responses.

I have not said anything about your intelligence, in fact the insults have all been 1 way. What I have done is try to explain that the rest of the country may not view the BE conference in the same way a hardcore BB fan from the Northeast does. This has apparently upset you and caused to to claim I am a troll when in fact if there is anyone here making post that are not contributing to the conversation it is you which means you are trolling.

Why does having a discussion about how recognizable small religious schools are seem to bother you?

PS. Asking people to stop quoting me, while quoting me, is priceless. Thanks for the entertainment.

Reaction Score
Creighton is the name of a city in Nebraska. You don't think people might guess that's where the school is located?

My guess is most people would struggle to name a city in Nebraska besides Lincoln or Omaha. To think that people across the country know Creighton is a city in Nebraska (Population 1,100) is a stretch IMO.

How many cities in Nebraska can you name off the top of your head?

Reaction Score
Can we delete this thread or at least move it to the cesspool?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
1. I had no idea where Creighton was until about a year ago as I doubt anyone from Nebraska would know where Quinnipiac is.

2. The BE seems to have got what it wanted out of buying the BE name. Enough people still think it's anywhere near the old league. Nova''s run aside, their still isn't much there, even in basketball. There is nothing outside of basketball.

3. Gtown, Nova, and to a lesser extent St.J are definitely brands. Except they are top 50 brands instead of the top 10 brands that are no longer part of the BE.

Can we now just move along?

Reaction Score
Yo, MM. Most people don't know where Burma is either or, indeed Nebraska. When given a map of the central US, 1/2 the population will pick some state other than Nebraska. When given a map of Eastern Asia, the heads of half the viewing population will explode. Now take BL's advice and just go.

Why does this conversation bother you so much?

Might be best if you stopped trolling and actually contributed instead of just getting upset and whining.

So here we are having a discussion about how popular a conference of small religious schools who play basketball are. I'm just giving you a perspective of how that conference is viewed by someone who lives outside the NE and does not follow basketball super closely aside from the NCAA tournament. No need to get upset. If you want to make yourself feel better go visit one of the OU boards. They are in full meltdown mode.

Reaction Score
1. I had no idea where Creighton was until about a year ago as I doubt anyone from Nebraska would know where Quinnipiac is.

2. The BE seems to have got what it wanted out of buying the BE name. Enough people still think it's anywhere near the old league. Nova''s run aside, their still isn't much there, even in basketball. There is nothing outside of basketball.

3. Gtown, Nova, and to a lesser extent St.J are definitely brands. Except they are top 50 brands instead of the top 10 brands that are no longer part of the BE.

Can we now just move along?
Well said. Next case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member