OT: - Sources: Coach K plans to retire after season (merged thread) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Sources: Coach K plans to retire after season (merged thread)

Reaction Score
You would have to hate the Olympic team as well.... Hopefully, that will not happen.

Wishing Coach K a very happy retirement tour in 2021-22, and be free of CoViD issues for a full and uninterupted season!!!!
A 30 win season would be an excellent way to go out with 1200 wins over his 47 year head coaching career.

1200 would be an excellent aimpoint for Stanford vs. UCONN game in three years, with the winner in first place all-time in college basketball, assuming Tara is still coaching. PB as a senior, and the rest of the UCONN allstars crushing Stanford by 30+ points.
I have a feeling Tara will coach longer thaan Geno..Geno has way too many outside interests including grandkids which Tara doesn't have. Anyway he will have the most championships and that is what people remember. I know Wooden won 10 but I can't tell you how many games he won without looking it up.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I for one am elated that there have been no violations or problems ever with the UCONN mens program. What was that saying? Something about stones?
The UConn men were banned from the post-season for have an low APA from years prior to the class that was punished. They were also punished for sending some text messages to a guy that never played a single game as a Husky. Since then, the NCAA has practically opened a branch office at UConn. Every phone call, every text message is scrutinized.

As for Duke being investigated for things that were admitted to - crickets.

Reaction Score
Never liked Duke or Coach K's style. To me, UNC produced the best raw talent (on the men's side) in the country & played the game the right way. The success discrepancy in the NBA between the 2 schools' players prove my point.

Reaction Score
We surely live in unusual times.
Stock market rises on bad news.
Wearing a mask when not required.
Rooting for DUKE.
Strange times indeed....
Most peculiar, Momma...

Reaction Score
Never liked Duke or Coach K's style. To me, UNC produced the best raw talent (on the men's side) in the country & played the game the right way. The success discrepancy in the NBA between the 2 schools' players prove my point.
It would seem to disprove your point, as you're really saying that Coach K's team outperformed others despite having less talented players.

Reaction Score
We surely live in unusual times.
Stock market rises on bad news.
Wearing a mask when not required.
Rooting for DUKE.
Strange times indeed....
Most peculiar, Momma...
See Bizarro World for more examples...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors