Source: UCONN to ACC possibly by Tuesday... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Source: UCONN to ACC possibly by Tuesday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Louisvillve barely gets 45k/game and isn't exactly 'Bama or Texas. Their revenue is through hoops.

But Louisville has a little bit of football history. They have had teams in the top 10 for more than 3 seasons. Huge difference between UConn.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We've been putting players in the NFL since the 1920s.

I'm sure every school puts players into the NFL at some point. Don't get me wrong, I'm a UConn fan but I'm not going to sugarcoat our success. Ever since 1896 we've fielded a football team. Our best moment was a kick that sent us to a lower-tier BCS bowl game, where we got smacked by a good football school.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
When comparing UConn and Louisville, we don't have any history or moments of success.

I'm not going to pretend that UConn has a good football program, but did you catch it that one year where we went to the Fiesta Bowl?

Louisville is not an impressive football program either. Period. More bowls, fine. But they're not a player.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to pretend that UConn has a good football program, but did you catch it that one year where we went to the Fiesta Bowl?

Louisville is not an impressive football program either. Period. More bowls, fine. But they're not a player.
We have our own market, while UL has to compete with Kentucky.

Reaction Score
The funniest part is that we add much more value than a lot of the ACC schools criticizing us. They just don't like Yankees, or 10 national championships (men's and women's)

Reaction Score
There are multiple components to this. Football money is key. Size of Media Market is Key. Good all around Athletics is key. Also very key and mentioned repeatedly in papers in Research Triangle is Academic reputation. CT has a better Academic reputation than the others. It is easier to build a bigger football stadium than it is to move up Academically. When looking at the whole package CT has it. All of this being said I would rather have seen the Big East fight to rebuild then to give in to the land grabbing. I dont feel inferior as a member of the Big East. I would rather be a CT fan in the Big East then a Cuse fan in the ACC. Big East means something to me.

Reaction Score
When comparing UConn and Louisville, we don't have any history or moments of success.

Neither do they.

UConn's win over South Carolina is at least as interesting as Louisville's win over whomever.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
in reading the GTech, NCState, etc boards, nobody seems to want UCONN. Want Louisville or no one. UCONN is seen as adding no value. Just passing along info.
bball boards or football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog