Source: UCONN to ACC possibly by Tuesday... | The Boneyard

Source: UCONN to ACC possibly by Tuesday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's all over twitter.

Hearing Uconn has informed the Big east they are leaving the conference.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Another tweet says ACC negotiating with UConn, Louisville, USF and Cincy for the one spot.

Reaction Score
who's that?

Jon Wilner. He has been wrong many times in the past. Don't get hopes up. He wrote the ACC was moving to 16 in the next week about 2 years ago.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Another tweet says ACC negotiating with UConn, Louisville, USF and Cincy for the one spot.

This seems more accurate of the current situation. No report of UConn to ACC yet.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not getting my hopes up until I hear it from Jon Rothstein.

Reaction Score
I waiting on Arthur Rothstein.

I think the lack of 50,000 seat stadium will work against UConn. Michigan doesn't want to come here now.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
NJ.com is saying a done deal. Rabid. No reservations.

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Rutgers is expecting to formally accept an invitation to join the Big Ten conference today and will hold a press conference Tuesday to announce the decision, ending an association with the Big East that began in 1991, The Star-Ledger has confirmed, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.
That person asked to remain anonymous because a formal invitation has not been extended from the Big Ten.
When the invitation comes, Tim Pernetti, Rutgers' athletic director, has the power to accept without waiting for authorization from the school's board of governors.

LINK

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I waiting on Arthur Rothstein.

I think the lack of 50,000 seat stadium will work against UConn. Michigan doesn't want to come here now.

The designers/engineers who built the Rent built it with the possibility of adding sections. It would be easy to add an upper level on every side of the field except for the press conferences. Adding seats isn't a problem.

Reaction Score
NJ.com is saying a done deal. Rabid. No reservations.

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.
way ot but how is the nokia 920/wp8? my original wp7 is getting old,..

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy: ACC hasn't approached anyone about replacing Maryland, but numerous schools contacted ACC about joining ACC, official tells @ESPN

Reaction Score
Be prepared to bend over for Raleigh ,Durham a few times a season entering the ACC. Theres a reason why dookies go right from league championships to the end of the bench in the NBA ,and its the style of play.Ive lived in NC for 10 years and get tired of seeing dook get every flippin call known to man and have the tarholes cheat in every way possible and have it hidden.It might be the best of the 2 evils,but to be blunt ,have loved UCONN b ball all my life,but football..eh not so much and having PP at the helm doesnt show any steps towards progress

Reaction Score
Be prepared to bend over for Raleigh ,Durham a few times a season entering the ACC. Theres a reason why dookies go right from league championships to the end of the bench in the NBA ,and its the style of play.Ive lived in NC for 10 years and get tired of seeing dook get every flippin call known to man and have the tarholes cheat in every way possible and have it hidden.It might be the best of the 2 evils,but to be blunt ,have loved UCONN b ball all my life,but football..eh not so much and having PP at the helm doesnt show any steps towards progress

nice to see you again chiller. been a while.

ecu fb doesn't get you much more excited does it ? ;)

Reaction Score

Look at it this way. UConn has always played a finesse brand of ball. We've been hammered by BE refereeing against the likes of Pitt and Marquette and such. This is one of the reason why UConn has middling records in the BE and then excels in the NCAA tourney.

I expect UConn would be hosed in the ACC, if invited. But then again, watching DeJuan Blair and his bulldozer routine wasn't fun either.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The designers/engineers who built the Rent built it with the possibility of adding sections...Adding seats isn't a problem.

True. However with a venue operating in the red and in a cash-even position the net loss indentified by the Courant is approximates depreciation expense, a non-cash item), the new facility operator would have to procure an aggressive and creative booking staff to increase the number of events. With the State faced with a $400 million deficit, no money is coming from Hartford...

Reaction Score
same to ya amigo...actually ecu is in the exact opposite position,decent fb program but horrendous bb program and facility.Being out of state its difficult to keep the pulse on the fb program,but I just cant see putting a retread tire/coach on your car and tell people you are getting ready to race it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom