Source: UConn lacrosse to DI in 2018 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Source: UConn lacrosse to DI in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reality check for Somers in the Class S tournament. Lost to eventual Class S champ St. Joseph in the state tournament 17-4 ... who lost to New Canaan in the regular season this year 17-5 ...

Reaction Score
Kgun7 said:
Reality check for Somers in the Class S tournament. Lost to eventual Class S champ St. Joseph in the state tournament 17-4 ... who lost to New Canaan in the regular season this year 17-5 ...

That's not a reality check, that's losing one game badly. Somers has been a lacrosse power since the mid 80's when there were only a few. I saw them deliver all kinds of reality checks to big schools over the years.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming UConn Men's Lax would play in the Big East as things stand today.

Big East Men's Lacrosse:
1. Denver
2. Georgetown
3. Marquette
4. Providence
5. St. John's
6. Villanova

Big East Women's Lacrosse: (currently includes UConn)
1. Cincinnati
2. Connecticut
3. Florida
4. Georgetown
5. Marquette
6. Temple
7. Vanderbilt
8. Villanova

Conference Realignment would seem to only make the B1G or ACC as possibilities other than the Big East. Here is the current breakdown of teams sponsoring lacrosse:

Big Ten Men's Lacrosse:
1. Johns Hopkins
2. Maryland
3. Michigan
4. Ohio State
5. Penn State
6. Rutgers

Big Ten Women's Lacrosse:
1. Johns Hopkins (as of 7/1/16)
2. Maryland
3. Michigan
4. Northwestern
5. Ohio State
6. Penn State
7. Rutgers

ACC Men's Lacrosse:
1. Duke
2. North Carolina
3. Notre Dame
4. Syracuse
5. Virginia

ACC Women's Lacrosse:
1. Boston College
2. Duke
3. Louisville
4. North Carolina
5. Notre Dame
6. Syracuse
7. Virginia
8. Virginia Tech

Reaction Score

Big East Men's Lacrosse:
1. Denver
2. Georgetown
3. Marquette
4. Providence
5. St. John's
6. Villanova

1. Cincinnati
2. Connecticut
3. Florida
4. Georgetown
5. Marquette
6. Temple
7. Vanderbilt
8. Villanova

Conference Realignment would seem to only make the B1G or ACC as possibilities other than the Big East. Here is the current breakdown of teams sponsoring lacrosse:

Big Ten Men's Lacrosse:
1. Johns Hopkins
2. Maryland
3. Michigan
4. Ohio State
5. Penn State
6. Rutgers

2. Maryland
3. Michigan
4. Northwestern
5. Ohio State
6. Penn State
7. Rutgers

ACC Men's Lacrosse:
1. Duke
2. North Carolina
3. Notre Dame
4. Syracuse
5. Virginia

ACC Women's Lacrosse:
1. Boston College
2. Duke
3. Louisville
4. North Carolina
5. Notre Dame
6. Syracuse
7. Virginia
8. Virginia Tech

Everyone assumes that UConn Men's LAX would land in the Big East right out of the gate if they were ever to make the jump. That would be our easiest path the schools existing relationship with the conference Women's LAX and Field Hockey, but why wouldn't UConn be a logical choice as the 7th B1G LAX school?

Sure, it's not a full membership, but it's a foot in the door at least. With Hopkins as a B1G LAX member the precedent is there for a one-sport only membership. Meanwhile, the B1G gets entry into talent-rich CT and New England.

Just a thought.

Reaction Score
Everyone assumes that UConn Men's LAX would land in the Big East right out of the gate if they were ever to make the jump. That would be our easiest path the schools existing relationship with the conference Women's LAX and Field Hockey, but why wouldn't UConn be a logical choice as the 7th B1G LAX school?

Sure, it's not a full membership, but it's a foot in the door at least. With Hopkins as a B1G LAX member the precedent is there for a one-sport only membership. Meanwhile, the B1G gets entry into talent-rich CT and New England.

Just a thought.

I'm not sure how well that precedent applies with Hopkins, since they don't have any other sports that could even play in the B1G. Lacrosse is their only D1 sport.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how well that precedent applies with Hopkins, since they don't have any other sports that could even play in the B1G. Lacrosse is their only D1 sport.
And also a much bigger fish in the sport. Having JHU along with Maryland brings instant credibility to the new conference.

UConn does get you into the recruiting ground, however that doesn't seem to be an issue for the higher tier schools.

Reaction Score
And also a much bigger fish in the sport. Having JHU along with Maryland brings instant credibility to the new conference.

UConn does get you into the recruiting ground, however that doesn't seem to be an issue for the higher tier schools.

All good points RE: JHU.

One thing that also jumps out at me is how can you have a 5-6 team conference in any sport? That's kind of ridiculous when you think about it. Assuming you get a home-and-home with every team, that is at most 8-10 conference games a season. As a player that would drive me nuts knowing that 1-2 bad losses during conference play could completely cost you the title.

Reaction Score

Just a thought.

Johns Hopkins is AAU.

Reaction Score
All good points RE: JHU.

One thing that also jumps out at me is how can you have a 5-6 team conference in any sport? That's kind of ridiculous when you think about it. Assuming you get a home-and-home with every team, that is at most 8-10 conference games a season. As a player that would drive me nuts knowing that 1-2 bad losses during conference play could completely cost you the title.

15 game schedule in regular season, too.
Just gotta get in the show, though.

Reaction Score
All lacrosse conferences are smaller than normal conferences. Six-Eight teams is standard. America East has seven, Ivy has seven, MAAC has seven, Northeast has seven, Patriot has nine, CAA has six, Atlantic Sun has eight. That's all of D1 Men's Lax right there minus the Big East, ACC and Big Ten teams mentioned above.

Reaction Score

Big East Men's Lacrosse:
1. Denver
2. Georgetown
3. Marquette
4. Providence
5. St. John's
6. Villanova

1. Cincinnati
2. Connecticut
3. Florida
4. Georgetown
5. Marquette
6. Temple
7. Vanderbilt
8. Villanova

Big Ten Men's Lacrosse:
1. Johns Hopkins
2. Maryland
3. Michigan
4. Ohio State
5. Penn State
6. Rutgers

2. Maryland
3. Michigan
4. Northwestern
5. Ohio State
6. Penn State
7. Rutgers

ACC Men's Lacrosse:
1. Duke
2. North Carolina
3. Notre Dame
4. Syracuse
5. Virginia

ACC Women's Lacrosse:
1. Boston College
2. Duke
3. Louisville
4. North Carolina
5. Notre Dame
6. Syracuse
7. Virginia
8. Virginia Tech

The Colonial is also an option for associate membership; between Towson, Delaware, Fairfield, UMass and Hofstra it's actually a very good league nationally most years.

Reaction Score
Sorry I know its OT but a top Twenty 3 star NJ Ath/WR KJ Gray is announcing Thursday and i think its coming down to UConn and BC....he has RU/SU in his final 4 too but 247 crystal ball RU insiders say UConn...2 others say BC...I'll go with the RU insiders here and predict UConn. There's a NJ dot link on the recruiting page to todays article. Funny because the NJ article neglected to mention he was down at RU Sunday?? Anyways good luck. This is where HCBD can earn his bones!

Reaction Score

Big East Men's Lacrosse:
1. Denver
2. Georgetown
3. Marquette
4. Providence
5. St. John's
6. Villanova

1. Cincinnati
2. Connecticut
3. Florida
4. Georgetown
5. Marquette
6. Temple
7. Vanderbilt
8. Villanova

Big Ten Men's Lacrosse:
1. Johns Hopkins
2. Maryland
3. Michigan
4. Ohio State
5. Penn State
6. Rutgers

2. Maryland
3. Michigan
4. Northwestern
5. Ohio State
6. Penn State
7. Rutgers

ACC Men's Lacrosse:
1. Duke
2. North Carolina
3. Notre Dame
4. Syracuse
5. Virginia

ACC Women's Lacrosse:
1. Boston College
2. Duke
3. Louisville
4. North Carolina
5. Notre Dame
6. Syracuse
7. Virginia
8. Virginia Tech

Not absolutely sure why you felt the need to state the obvious, but I have my suspicions.

Here was my observation of you on May 15, 2015 -

I think you're an troll. Shove your posts up your ass.

Nothing has changed - get lost

Reaction Score
Scheduled Men's Lacrosse Teams Upgrading to DI -

2016 - Hampton
2017 - Cleveland State

Reaction Score
Not absolutely sure why you felt the need to state the obvious, but I have my suspicions.

Here was my observation of you on May 15, 2015 -

I think you're an troll. Shove your posts up your ass.

Nothing has changed - get lost

You sure do like reading my posts. If you don't like them, don't click on them. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom