Sour Grapes. | The Boneyard

Sour Grapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
looks like our trolls did a good job on that forum

Reaction Score
Yeah, kinda hard to imagine the mental gymnastics required to convince yourself that the team that beat you twice while winning the national championship was a bad team.

Reaction Score
1998:

– Suspected "Unabomber" Theodore Kaczynski pleads guilty, and accepts a sentence of life without the possibility of parole.
– The Winter Olympics are held in Nagano, Japan.
NASA announces that the Clementine probe orbiting the Moon has found enough water in polar craters to support a human colony and rocket fueling station.
– The first euro coins are minted in Pessac, France.
– The Galaxy IV communications satellite fails, leaving 80–90% of the world's pagers without service.
– Biologists report in the journal Science how they sequenced the genome of the bacterium that causes syphilis, Treponema pallidum.
Second Congo War begins. 3,900,000 people are killed before it ends in 2003, making it the bloodiest war, to date, since World War II
– Bombings of the United States embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya kill 224
Google, Inc. is founded in Menlo Park, California, by Stanford University PhD candidates Larry Page and Sergey Brin
Eric Robert Rudolph is charged with four bombings (including the 1996 Olympic bombing) in Atlanta, Georgia.
Hugo Chávez Frías, former member of the Venezuelan military and politician, is elected President of Venezuela.
&
–The last time that the University of Kentucky won the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship.

Hater's gonna hate.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm banned, I think I suggested Kemba was better than anybody on their team and that we were going to beat them in the FF

silly me

Reaction Score
They do seem ban happy over there. Anytime you speak bad of Kentucky, you're gone.

Reaction Score
they-mad-they-so-mad.jpg

Reaction Score
Took a quick look at the UK board - my frst time over there. That is one backwards place for sure.

How enjoyable was beating them twice last year. Demolishing them in Maui than finishing them off in the Fnial Four.

What a wonderful season last year was.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
They are rabid fans. I just can't tell from what. Dogs, raccoons, each other. I think it is between bats and skunks.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Someone save that link so we can go paste it on their board when Coach Cal blows town.

Reaction Score
its hilarious and also pretty said that there are 4 topics on Uconn and each is at least 2 pages long, at least that one poster pointed out that it its ridiculous. They got their knowledgible fans and then they got their annoying-obnoxious fans which makes their whole fan base look obnoxious, their like the yankee fan base and yes i am a yankee fan btw, its hard to have a real baseball conversation on the yankees message board, that board seems the same.

Reaction Score
I love the fact, that the first time I posted by saying Kemba blows John Wall out of the water in terms of agility and leadership during the MSG game, we had against Kensucky.

Got a nice ban, 5 minutes later.

I'm damn proud of it! ;)

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'm shocked I wasn't banned. Do they tell you are banned everytime or are you just not able to post anymore? Checkout the redneck response to my post.
I love the fact, that the first time I posted by saying Kemba blows John Wall out of the water in terms of agility and leadership during the MSG game, we had against Kensucky.

Got a nice ban, 5 minutes later.

I'm damn proud of it! ;)

Reaction Score
I'm shocked I wasn't banned. Do they tell you are banned everytime or are you just not able to post anymore? Checkout the redneck response to my post.

It depends on their discretion I believe, partly when I was posting, it was like, you have been banned from this message board.

Here's a classic response that someone directly said to me.

Since Wall only played one year you would have to compare both in year one. How did emba do in year one? How far did UCONN get with him in year one? Where would he have been drafted if he came out in year one?

and I said, yeah Kemba got us far, led us to a phenomenal performance against Missouri in the Elite 8 game :D

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Who cares about Kentucky or what other boards say about us.

Not like any of the rankings matter anyway. They wanna show how we were one of the worst national champions? What would have happened if any team in the final4 OTHER than UConn had won (including UK)? It would have probably been even higher than top5 since none of the teams in the final4 were seeded as high as UConn.

And what are they trying to prove by mentioning that anyways? We beat them twice so were they admitting that they were even as bad themselves?

The logic of that thread is non-existant.

Reaction Score
uconn handed them their worst loss all year and then we knocked them out of the tournament. we have 3 national titles 4 final fours and 7 elite 8 appearances in the last 12 years. we have more former players in the nba who are all stars and have won nba titles. what could a uk fan possibly say to even try to lessen those accomplishments. they have like 7 titles? 5 of which were during the lincoln administration.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
My favorite thing that UK fans do is whenever someone says they have the dirtiest program in the history of the NCAA they just point their fingers at Kansas. I guess they're OK with being number 2...

Reaction Score
I looked at the main rivals board under the topic Drummond to Uconn somehow it went from ripping uconn and Calhoun to a Louisville-Kentucky fight lol, I feel bad for Louisville fans that have to put up with that fan base.

Reaction Score
I distinctly remember UK fans blasting Coach Cal before he came to Kentucky and then all of a sudden he gets the job and the man is a saint, with absolutely no dirt on his hands.

Reaction Score
It'll be a long time before Kentucky ever wins a championship. They're just mad. (See picture above)

Reaction Score
Oh, and the best line in there is "point shaving isn't cheating." Oy vey...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom