Sour grapes alert | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sour grapes alert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This just in from the Boiler Up braintrust over at H&N on SB Nation: "I see that UConn has won 7 straight leading into the tourney. Not only is it improbable that they can win 6 more in a row, it’s statistically impossible. They needed to lose in their conference tourney to have a chance. Place your bets against the Huskies now!"

I hadn't realized UConn has never won its conference tournament and gone on to win the NCAA tournament, nor have we ever won 13 games in a row. (And certainly not this season.) The important things you learn from your big brothers of the Big 10!

didn’t Kemba and team rip off 11 in a row to win a natty?

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
This just in from the Boiler Up braintrust over at H&N on SB Nation: "I see that UConn has won 7 straight leading into the tourney. Not only is it improbable that they can win 6 more in a row, it’s statistically impossible. They needed to lose in their conference tourney to have a chance. Place your bets against the Huskies now!"

I hadn't realized UConn has never won its conference tournament and gone on to win the NCAA tournament, nor have we ever won 13 games in a row. (And certainly not this season.) The important things you learn from your big brothers of the Big 10!
Thanks for the tip...allow me to return the favor......if ur doorbell rings and you look out and see 2 men in white uniforms with a tranquilizer gun, a net and a straight jack.....DONT ANSWER THE DOOR!!!

Reaction Score

1710721883792.gif

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
In an effort for eyeballs, someone who knows little says winning 13 basketball games consecutively is impossible, and cements his negligible knowledge by using the word statistically. Is this is first tournament?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Tell the clowns that to win a National Title in basketball, you can't be a Big 10 member. Seems like they're oblivious to reality

Reaction Score
And I'm pretty sure Nova just did it two times as well
Just so you know (as well as other posters who have listed UConn's BET-NCAA double-dip championship years), I am fully aware that it's pretty common for programs to do that, and that UConn has done it three times. I've been a fan/alum for over 40 years and remember much of it clearly. I'm beginning to suspect that everyone didn't pick up on the feigned ignorance-type sarcasm in my response to the Purdue poster who labeled a UConn title as "statistically impossible" due to our BET win.

In fact, it's possible the Purdue posters were just saying obviously inaccurate things like that because that's how they do mojo on their board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom