Sorta OT: UConn/Grateful Dead T | The Boneyard

Sorta OT: UConn/Grateful Dead T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So I was just on Facebook when I noticed an ad for a t-shirt that was essentially the Grateful Dead Steal Your Face template with the Husky Dog inside of it. By the time I realized what it was I had moved onto another page and now I cannot find the ad or shirt anywhere. Does anyone know about this? Did I hallucinate it or...

Reaction Score
Geez, Boog. Trying to watch a game here.

The only thing I could find were ones that were sold in 2008 - here and here.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sold! Thanks.

ETA: Didn't @August_West have that avatar (and possibly also a too-limited edition shirt?) with the old Husky logo several years ago?
He may have. I think he had the real steal your face logo as his avatar at one time and may have had a Husky variation as well.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
8893 said:
Sold! Thanks. ETA: Didn't @August_West have that avatar (and possibly also a too-limited edition shirt?) with the old Husky logo several years ago?

Yup and Bill Walton has one of them too. Can't believe that's 10 years ago already. Printed up a bunch for 2004 tournament ( brother in law works for shirt making company) Sold everything I had at MSG and San Antonio. Could have sold 10x more.

Reaction Score
sold, sold and sold.

"takes the wheel when i'm seein double, pays my ticket when i speed"

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yup and Bill Walton has one of them too. Can't believe that's 10 years ago already. Printed up a bunch for 2004 tournament ( brother in law works for shirt making company) Sold everything I had at MSG and San Antonio. Could have sold 10x more.
Thought so. I was on your waiting list...thought I would see you in San Antonio...never did and never got one. Damn Walton.

Reaction Score
I just reserved one, need 15 more to get the order placed! Really hoping it get's filled, I need a new hoodie.

August_West

Reaction Score
8893 said:
Thought so. I was on your waiting list...thought I would see you in San Antonio...never did and never got one. Damn Walton.

Yeah sorry about that, a few people wanted second printing and I promised them on the yard to them and because it was a favor from the guys who printed em up, I had no hammer to hold. Always Felt bad about that. I got them and sold them at cost, and because the guys who printed them are legitimate business and actually deal with licensing from GD among others they were worried about licensing issues with both UConn and GDP once I came back for more so I just let it fizzle.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah sorry about that, a few people wanted second printing and I promised them on the yard to them and because it was a favor from the guys who printed em up, I had no hammer to hold. Always Felt bad about that. I got them and sold them at cost, and because the guys who printed them are legitimate business and actually deal with licensing from GD among others they were worried about licensing issues with both UConn and GDP once I came back for more so I just let it fizzle.
No worries. I had pretty much forgotten about it until I saw this and was reminded. Psyched to be able to get one of these--and now we have a logo that actually looks like it will "steal your face."

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Freakin awesome! I got mine. Passed it on too. Looks like it just eclipsed the 50 mark so we should be good to go. Had a hard time deciding between Husky blue and SYF blue. May have to get a 2nd.
The royal blue is nice; I have another SYF shirt in a similar color, but this one looked too much like Carolina or Kentucky blue for me to put a Husky logo on it.

Pretty sure I sold at least seven items here, among myself and my friends.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ummmmm...anyone else get theirs yet? Mine is orange instead of Red. You?

Reaction Score
ummmmm...anyone else get theirs yet? Mine is orange instead of Red. You?

Me too. The orange instead of red just about ruins it. Not Dead colors, not Uconn colors. Not sure how to explain it.

Reaction Score
this might be a Cuse fans way of getting back for that NYC/UCONN site.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I guess I'll just chalk this up to karma. As I noted above, I ordered one and passed it on to others, resulting in several sales.

Somehow I got charged twice so I contacted the woman selling the shirts and asked her to delete one, which she did. But for some reason she never charged my card for the order I wanted for a few more weeks, by which time that credit card had expired and needed to be updated. Instead of putting through the transaction with the updated credit card info I gave her, she cancelled that transaction as well, and when I went to reorder the shirt as she suggested the sale had already closed, leaving me SOL for the shirt. Now I'm glad, as I have no use for an orange Husky logo.

Reaction Score
I've got one, the shirt sucks. The first thing I thought of when I opened it was, that's a good jab by a syracuse fan.

August_West

Reaction Score
sounds like it is time to contact my brother in law for an under the table run ....Im sure after 10 years they wont mind doing some "private" shirts..... Can we agree on a color for the shirt, a single solid color? I need at least 10 people preferably 20 to want these. I don't want to make money at all, I can do them at cost which should be slightly under 10 bucks for such a low amount of shirts.

Anyway, if interested I guess reply back to this thread with what you think the shirt color should be, we can reach a consensus and have them within a few weeks.
If not, no biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01