OT: - Sorry, but it's totally revolting watching Carolina fans wear Whalers jerseys at playoff games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Sorry, but it's totally revolting watching Carolina fans wear Whalers jerseys at playoff games

Reaction Score
Got a game 7, Canes undefeated at home so Rangers dont have a chance I think they should just forfeit.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My gripe was with Karmanos. Did not realize he’s no longer the owner. Stopped watching hockey after the move. Only just recently resumed because son is a BlueJackets fan.

New owner is honoring the legacy. Still hurts that the team moved but that has nothing to do with this ownership so I don’t feel as upset as I used to.

My understanding was corporate ownership prior to Karmanos made a bad media deal for Whaler coverage that Karmanos could not break. Given it was a regional network his only option was to set up in a different region.

Until their championship run the Hurricanes had lower attendance than what the Whalers had. And that happened in spite of the teams being better.

Reaction Score
I’ll settle for them simply eliminating the Rangers.
Your 2nd didn’t come true either you gotta root for TB to sweep them now which is definetly happening.

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
LGR I’m in 104 row 3 Wednesday. . For game one of next victim. Lol fake whalers get out of here.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Your 2nd didn’t come true either you gotta root for TB to sweep them now which is definetly happening.
I feel much more confident in Tampa finally ending their run. My condolences in advance for having to actually play a true starting goaltender.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
LGR I’m in 104 row 3 Wednesday. . For game one of next victim. Lol fake whalers get out of here.
Make sure you check out the green board, they will steer you to Sbarros on 7th across from MSG for the best slice in all of NYC :p

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I feel much more confident in Tampa finally ending their run. My condolences in advance for having to actually play a true starting goaltender.
I told a few people the day of game four against Carolina that if we get one more win the season is a rousing success. At the moment we are at least a year ahead of schedule and we have two forwards (Kravtsov, Othman) and two defensemen (Lundqvist, Robertson) waiting in the wings. We are going to get a lot better over the next few years and as someone who has followed this team since the late 1960's I can't begin to describe how thrilled I am that for the first time in my lifetime they are building a team from the ground up, without decided early on to scrap it and trade young talent for older, limited players.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Make sure you check out the green board, they will steer you to Sbarros on 7th across from MSG for the best slice in all of NYC :p
Hey. Sbarro's is endorsed by Sarah Palin, and she's dating Ron Duguay.

August_West

Reaction Score
Could you please expand on that “ true starting goaltender” before game 2?

Thanks in advance

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
At this point every game won is a bonus as we are well ahead of schedule.

I know Tampa Bay had some rust, which led to far more mistakes than we can expect going forward but they can't match our speed and I'm not sure they can match our physicality. The one thing they do have is experience so to steal a quote "they better get us now!".

I love that Chytil is finally showing more than the occasional flash of potential. That line will be a monster for quite a few years and they may be one of the better lines in the NHL as soon as next season.

I can't wait for tomorrow night's game.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Could you please expand on that “ true starting goaltender” before game 2?

Thanks in advance

You guys are having a nice run. Perhaps just enjoy it instead of constantly looking to troll a bitter Pens fan after every win?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
You guys are having a nice run. Perhaps just enjoy it instead of constantly looking to troll a bitter Pens fan after every win?
There is no reason we can't enjoy it and take an occasional jab (as Ranger fansover the years have had to endure many more slings and arrows than anyone).

Also, I don't see how there can be a 'bitter' Pens fan. The hockey Gods twice smiled in their direction; once when the (then) hapless Devils inexplicably won three of their last eight games when winning less than two would have guaranteed them Mario Lemieux. The second when the NHL (finally) used a weighted draft lottery (that appeared to hurt the Rangers more than any other team), which gave you Crosby (and coincidentally saved the franchise).

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
There is no reason we can't enjoy it and take an occasional jab (as Ranger fansover the years have had to endure many more slings and arrows than anyone).

Also, I don't see how there can be a 'bitter' Pens fan. The hockey Gods twice smiled in their direction; once when the (then) hapless Devils inexplicably won three of their last eight games when winning less than two would have guaranteed them Mario Lemieux. The second when the NHL (finally) used a weighted draft lottery (that appeared to hurt the Rangers more than any other team), which gave you Crosby (and coincidentally saved the franchise).

I wanted to see one more deep run with this core and, in my opinion, I felt like the Pens had that series won if not for the Trouba hit on Sid. Stuff happens in the playoffs, but it was an unfortunate end for that group assuming this was it.

Overall, I agree, we’re very fortunate to have seen the players/winning that we have over the last 35 years or so. I’m 36, so I can’t claim to have been around for the really dark times pre-Mario, but it’s been quite a fun franchise to be a fan of for the bulk of my lifetime. I just want one more Cup for Sid, as I think he doesn’t truly get the credit he deserves as top 5 player of all time.

August_West

Reaction Score
LGR!

This is now Ranger mojo thread and you are the talisman

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
LGR!

This is now Ranger mojo thread and you are the talisman

I stopped getting alerts from this thread. I wonder what happened?

Good season, NYR. A lot of fun players on that team and they should be set for a nice run in coming years. Trouba is a scum bag.

Reaction Score
I stopped getting alerts from this thread. I wonder what happened?

Good season, NYR. A lot of fun players on that team and they should be set for a nice run in coming years. Trouba is a scum bag.
I didn’t make another doom and gloom post that’s why, i didn’t wanna push my luck with reverse mojo takes lol.

That sucked but oh well congrats to TB they are the more clutch team had a bad feeling about playing them in a close game. Ya Trouba choked and completely flipped the series, no one else really did anything either except maybe Igor.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
The way this series ended was disappointing but as someone who goes back to the days when names like Dave Balon and Phil Goyette were blue shirts I can say without question that I've never been this excited about what the future looks like for the Rangers (I will elaborate later).

August_West

Reaction Score
I didn’t make another doom and gloom post that’s why, i didn’t wanna push my luck with reverse mojo takes lol.

That sucked but oh well congrats to TB they are the more clutch team had a bad feeling about playing them in a close game. Ya Trouba choked and completely flipped the series, no one else really did anything either except maybe Igor.
We had no legs . We went from faster team games 1-3 to skating in mud. Game 3 still hurts. Credit to Tampa They are a 2x reigning champion who made adjustments, good ones. But I can’t help but think the rangers beat themselves too. We refused to put pucks on net last 3 games , and got way too cute with across crease tip tries. Igor was a brick wall the whole series but Tampa proved put slow wristers on net through traffic and crap happens.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
We had no legs . We went from faster team games 1-3 to skating in mud. Game 3 still hurts. Credit to Tampa They are a 2x reigning champion who made adjustments, good ones. But I can’t help but think the rangers beat themselves too. We refused to put pucks on net last 3 games , and got way too cute with across crease tip tries. Igor was a brick wall the whole series but Tampa proved put slow wristers on net through traffic and crap happens.
We did beat ourselves, in a number of ways. One thing that bothers me is the non-contact injury to Strome is what allowed them to come back in game three.

I personally don't believe he is that important a player in the grand scheme of things, but in that instance we couldn't work out how to play short our second center for th he final 28 minutes of a game where we had a 2-0 lead.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom