OT: - Songs with Only One Word in the Title | Page 37 | The Boneyard

OT: Songs with Only One Word in the Title

UHF

Reaction Score
As far as I'm aware of this approach is pretty unique w/ co-lead singers. Maybe the Jayhawks are a bit like that, but I don't think it's constant for them like with this group.

Chicago Transist Authority had 3 lead singers. Kansas had 2. Both bands often interchanged the lead singer in the same song. Other times they sang simultaneously. Or did I misinterpret your statement? Thanks.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Chicago Transist Authority had 3 lead singers. Kansas had 2. Both bands often interchanged the lead singer in the same song. Other times they sang simultaneously. Or did I misinterpret your statement? Thanks.
Lucius' thing is they don't swap leads, both sing lead simultaneous on pretty much every one of their songs. With the mirror imaging thing they do it's quite an approach.

Reactions: UHF

UHF

Reaction Score
Caravanserai.
Loreena McKennitt.

BYers who enjoy eclectic music might want to check out her concert Nights From The Alhambra.

• Kanoun.
  • Uilleann Pipes
  • Bodhran
  • Oud
  • Bouzouki
  • Hurdy Gurdy.
  • Tabla
  • Lyra
  • Harp
  • Accordian
  • Piano
  • Violin
  • Cello
  • Guitars
  • Bass
  • Drums
  • Percussion

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I love some of these stage names some young female indie rock singers are using. Snail Mail, Soccer Mommy, Mallrat.

UHF

Reaction Score
Cymbeline.
Loreena McKennitt.
Nights From The Alhambra concert.

UHF

Reaction Score
Shinedown.
Leave A Whisper album.

Swimming through the ashes of another life.
No real reason to accept the way things have changed.

UHF

Reaction Score
Cold.
Suffocate.
Year Of The Spider album.

You always take
(I don't take).
What you can
(what I can).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think there must be a sub genre here, but I've yet to hear a name for it.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Probably my favorite folk metal band. It's all in Russian, so I can't understand any of it. I know, we don't like Russia currently, but it really doesn't have anything to do with their people, just their government. Anyway for a while growling/guttural vocals were a big turn off for me, but I'm slowing warming up to it a bit. It can fit in places, as long as it isn't constant. Masha Scream (not her given name) mixes clean and harsh vocals quite well.

This first one is concert footage but a I think a studio version for the audio that don't quite match (like..where is the accordion? or the balalaika? (might need a ruling from @Bigboote on that second one, but I think that's what I'm hearing)).

I certainly hear something that sounds like a balalaika toward the end of the song.

Random thought not totally unrelated to balalaikas: I was watching an Amazon show the other night called "The Lake," in which someone was playing a nyckelharpa. I think it's supposed to take place in Minnesota, but it may be a little north of there.

UHF

Reaction Score
Clocks.
Coldplay.

Not a fan of the band. But that is not the point of this thread. :D

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I love some of these stage names some young female indie rock singers are using. Snail Mail, Soccer Mommy, Mallrat.

Boy, you get around. I didn't think they had any following outside of Maryland.

I love Lindsay's guitar playing; her singing and songwriting don't do a whole helluvalot for me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom