UHF

Reaction Score
Aftershock.
Pillar.
Where Do We Go From Here album.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Several members of the band Eluveitie (good luck pronouncing that, I don't even have a clue where to start) left to start a new band Cellar Darling. Including vocalist Anna Murphy, who was only rarely featured and now is the lead singer for this band. Also get to hear her on the hurdy gurdy on almost all of the songs. They have several one word titles.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Probably my favorite folk metal band. It's all in Russian, so I can't understand any of it. I know, we don't like Russia currently, but it really doesn't have anything to do with their people, just their government. Anyway for a while growling/guttural vocals were a big turn off for me, but I'm slowing warming up to it a bit. It can fit in places, as long as it isn't constant. Masha Scream (not her given name) mixes clean and harsh vocals quite well.

This first one is concert footage but a I think a studio version for the audio that don't quite match (like..where is the accordion? or the balalaika? (might need a ruling from @Bigboote on that second one, but I think that's what I'm hearing)).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
As far as I'm aware of this approach is pretty unique w/ co-lead singers. Maybe the Jayhawks are a bit like that, but I don't think it's constant for them like with this group.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Brandi had a really unique vocal style early in her career. I feel like unfortunately that got toned down and her music became more generic later on. But she got more and more critical and commercial success, so what do I know? I kinda lost interest in her last several albums but oh well.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This band's sound has changed a lot. I really like their early stuff. But they killed it with their most recent album as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom