OT: - Songs with Only One Word in the Title | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: Songs with Only One Word in the Title

UHF

Reaction Score
Maybe I missed it in an earlier post........................................."TIME", the Chambers Brothers.

They performed at Penn when I was a "student" there. My fraternity brother was responsible for bringing them to campus, and he persuaded them to come to our fraternity (Sigma Alpha Mu, aka "Sammy") for an hour or so after their campus performance. My girlfriend was so enamored with them that she said to Joe Chambers, "dance with me Joe, dance with me Joe", while tugging on his sleeve. He did, to "TIME" (is on my side).

Damn, college was fun (before I flunked out and enlisted at Uncle Sam's School of Discipline).

Iconic song. 1966 song title was "Time Has Come Today" and appeared on the 1967 album "The Time Has Come".

UHF

Reaction Score
Release.
Anathema.
Fine Day To Exit album.

Video brings new meaning to escape rooms. Despite the young girl in the music video, would not recommend showing this video to your youngsters before bedtime.

:eek:

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Ukrainian duo plays in a national park and other spots in Ukraine. The bandura and accordion make a dramatic sound for a Vivaldi classic. Viva Ukraine.

It's not often I see a musical instrument I don't recognize. The 5-row button accordion is familiar, but I don't ever remember seeing a bandura, which I had to look up. It looks like the bastard son of a zither and an archlute or theorbo. I'm surprised there aren't frets on the neck of the long strings, as on a zither.

Very cool!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Now for a little noise. Two one-word-title songs bookend Gentle Giant's "Power and the Glory" album. The first is Proclamation, the second, here, is Valedictory:

Reaction Score
Tasty, spacey & melodic - wonderful tune by the German jazz group Guru Guru:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i will only be posting tunes from this century. never, ever, neverdy never will i post a tune from the last century. count on it!

ok, i lied.
i really like that 80s sound. some called it 'nu wave,' but that's wrong. it should be called 'digital' cuz that's when the whole tech/computer thing kicked in, and much of those sounds reflect that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom