Songs With A Persons Name | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Songs With A Persons Name

Reaction Score
A song by the very underrated (IMO) band Concrete Blonde

Reaction Score
Another Concrete Blonde song (possibly R-rated video)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
one last song from CB, based on a real life "Wendy" diagnosed w AIDS who decided to commit suicide rather than face the drawn out horror. (If you liked these, the album is titled Bloodletting.)

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
When I was in high school I wrote a number of songs with a girl's name as the title. One was about a girl named Roma. It was a classic. Some of the words were "Roma, I love you so, I'll never let you go, if you leave me it will hurt me so, please, don't ever go". Some of the most creative words ever! I also wrote a song about Pearlie, Debbie, and Carol.

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
Back in the KLS days, I actually had the temerity to suggest to the UConn Pep Band that they learn the following Bob Seger song, but change the name to "Katie Lou's Breakin' Out Tonight". I thought it would be great if during the music breaks, they could get the whole crowd to shout "Katie Lou!". Then I went and actually read the lyrics. With lines like

First heard the rumor down on 12th and Main
The poor druggist he was going insane
His stuff was selling out like never before
He finally had to up and close the store

I figured my suggestion was probably a nonstarter...and I was right! Sorry Bob! :oops:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Hello Dolly

I dunno if it’s still the case, but at one point, Louis had the record as the oldest artist to have a top-40 hit. He was about 63 when this song entered the charts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom