OT: - Songs That Make You Yearn about Someone, Something, or Somewhere | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Songs That Make You Yearn about Someone, Something, or Somewhere

Reaction Score
Having spent most of my life in Alaska, i met some wonderful women there. Unfortunately, my life's arc was in a different direction from a committed relationship - no sane woman wanted to wait for me while i was on month long expeditions and i was in love with the wild. Now, with the benefit of retrospection, i can forgive myself for questionable priorities. However, at times in the dark of night i still think about the "girls" of the north country:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
A couple songs remind, make me want to go back, to when I was younger, free.

Do You Remember - Robert Jon & the Wreck

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
And the other one.

Younger Years - Red Wanting Blue

Reaction Score

2019 My wife and I spent 12 days wandering around Scotland. During that time, we had 2 hours (not days, HOURS) total, of rain, all on the first day while we were relaxing in our hotel after our redeye flight.

Reaction Score
In 2005, I ordered my first new one, from the Bowling Green assembly line...guess what it was

Nice! Good on ya!
Ever since I discovered the Shelby Cobra I have wanted to build one - no chance that I'll every be flush enough to own a real one.
I bought every issue of Kit Car magazine that featured a Cobra, I sent away to every company that was offering kits for one of their pamphlets, and snagged up any car magazine that featured anything at all about a Cobra.
I was even lucky enough to buy a car with an original dual quad 427 that was going to be the heart of the build.
Alas, "life" went on and gradually the Cobra build faded away. I still would love to build one, but 'life' is still happening in a manner that does not bode well for that yearning.

I still own the car with the 427 and since this video was created in 2011 by my nephew I have made the car more presentable, but won't ever restore it.

Some Old Ford

Reaction Score
Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I grew up on the Sound, and my aunts got the kids a Sunfish. Some years I went sailing 3-5 days a week. Favorite was going out Friday afternoons after work with a friend who also liked good beer.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I discovered Richard and Mimi Farina around the age of 14-15. I fell in love with the mountain dulcimer and bought a kit to make one soon afterward. I made a couple more from kits and within a few years made a couple from scratch. I sold a bunch to augment my paltry stipend in graduate school, which led to a lifetime of making and selling musical instruments.

Have a listen -- don't be fooled by the beginning, this is a brilliant piece of music. The piece is a mashup of folk songs -- starts out with Frere Jacques, includes Bonaparte's Retreat, King Wenceslas, I think about four others.

Reaction Score
Growing up in that narrow part of Maryland the sticks out between West Virginia and Pennsylvania in the Appalachian chain, I grew up around a lot of hammer dulcimer and fiddle music. Here is one of my non traditional favorites that makes me think of home.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Growing up in that narrow part of Maryland the sticks out between West Virginia and Pennsylvania in the Appalachian chain, I grew up around a lot of hammer dulcimer and fiddle music. Here is one of my non traditional favorites that makes me think of home.

Ken Kolodner is a really good hammered dulcimer player, located aroung Baltimore. He does play a lot of Old Time music, although I’m more familiar with Helcicon, who play world music. Karen Ashbrook is a DC- area player, mostly British-Isles traditional music. I’ve seen both Ken and Karen multiple times, love them both. Here’s one from Helicon:

Reaction Score
Ken Kolodner is a really good hammered dulcimer player, located aroung Baltimore. He does play a lot of Old Time music, although I’m more familiar with Helcicon, who play world music. Karen Ashbrook is a DC- area player, mostly British-Isles traditional music. I’ve seen both Ken and Karen multiple times, love them both. Here’s one from Helicon:

My wife went to high school with Chris Norman, who plays with Ken Kolodner in Helicon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom