OT: - Songs That Make You Yearn about Someone, Something, or Somewhere | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Songs That Make You Yearn about Someone, Something, or Somewhere

Reaction Score

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I've been engaged twice but never married! Their loss!
And had a long distance romance with a girl I've known for 35 years and she called it off because we "never had a personal relationship!"
So any romantic songs sad or happy really strikes home!
Some of my real favorites are:
@RSHERMVIKES A suggestion that is one of my favorite romantic songs that strikes home, when it comes to my second marriage :):

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Post some songs that make you feel this way - maybe it's something you have personally experienced, or would like to.

I'll start - Key Largo- would love to go there someday. Throw in some nostalgia from 1940's films, and I'm sold.

Michael Franks: "Just Like Key Largo"

Well if you ever get down there, stop at The Fish House. Delicious.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"Yearning" is too much word, but in college I started dating a girl who was a junior during my freshman year. In the spring of her senior year she wrote out these lyrics and played the song for me in her room saying that she wanted me to have them and hear them. It seemed important to her.

We stayed together probably through the late fall of the following semester. At that point, I had met someone at school that I'd become close friends with. There was a connection and decided I wanted to explore it further. At the same time my girlfriend was meeting people out in the real world. It was the right time to end the relationship given where we both were in our lives. It ended amiably and well. When I hear this song I think that she was prescient in foreseeing the our break up and remember our time together fondly.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Oh "yearn", I first read "learn". Was gonna go with We Didn't Start the Fire (Billy Joel). Lot's of learning in that one.

But yearn. Ok, I first heard this song on my way back home after reffing a early summer game. About 75F no humidity, windows down, sunroof open, wind blowing, beautiful sunset, clear skies, tired, relaxed. Every time I hear this it reminds me of that feeling. (I used to get the same feeling riding my bike home after lifeguarding all day in the sun when I was a youngin')

Anyway....When I'm Falling - Afro Celt Sound System (with Peter Gabriel)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom