songs in a language other than English | Page 6 | The Boneyard

songs in a language other than English

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I kinda cheated - did a query for "viking death metal" and this was one of the songs that popped up. I didn't like several of the others because they were too guttural and seemed grunted rather than sung. Shows my musical boundaries i guess. Anyway, i liked the video that went with this one as well as the woman singing. Also thanks to nwhoopfan for creating this environment that allows us all to expand our musical horizons!

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Bruce Cockburn often has a song in French on each album. Yhis very atmospheric one is from his first live album.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This is in Romanian. I love this band, but by the time I’d discovered them, they’d broken up after two albums. :(. Gotta love a metal band with violin and cello. Those were played by two,sisters who were also in a classical trio.

Reaction Score
Not to be dismissive, but there is Italian, French, German, Russian and Czech opera just hanging around waiting to be discovered by new audiences. Mozart , Verdi, Wagner, Strauss, Puccini, Dvorak, Prokofiev might be good places to start enriching one’s life immensely.

Reaction Score
And finally, the Vilja aria by Kimmy Skota from Lehar's opera The Merry Widow. I wanted to post the Jane Sutherland version. Unfortunately, the youtube video is atrocious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul