songs in a language other than English | Page 5 | The Boneyard

songs in a language other than English

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lots of fun on Easter Island. It sounds a little like Cajun to me. Notice that they like to play some B-ball too. For us it was a trip of a lifetime to walk among the giant statues-the Maoi.

Reaction Score
Accordion rocks! Here's a bit different usage of it, from some Swedish madmen.

It is a Finnish group(?) I think. Yes it's pretty wild as you say. You might remember the Finnish skater Kiira Korpi a few Olympics ago...(she looks just like Grace Kelly.) Korpi and the "...aa.." in the last part of the name is a clue. Just my guess.

Reaction Score
A nice song from Lapland and the Sami people of Northern Finland and Sweden.

Reaction Score
I may put this up before, but these 2 sisters and band do some nice upbeat stuff. This one is about a tribute to Indonesian pudding or something. BTW they are from Madagascar.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It is a Finnish group(?) I think. Yes it's pretty wild as you say. You might remember the Finnish skater Kiira Korpi a few Olympics ago...(she looks just like Grace Kelly.) Korpi and the "...aa.." in the last part of the name is a clue. Just my guess.
You are correct, my mistake.

Reaction Score
You are correct, my mistake.
Sorry to sound so definite, but those were my thoughts. The Sami people (Laps) are in Finland, Sweden, Norway and even a bit into Russia, so you could still be correct. Did you listen to the softer piece I posted after yours? Real Sami folk music features what they call yoiking. That may be the strange sounds you hear. It reminds me of the throat singers of Mongolia. I'll to find one. Sorry, also, to drag this out.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Sorry to sound so definite, but those were my thoughts. The Sami people (Laps) are in Finland, Sweden, Norway and even a bit into Russia, so you could still be correct. Did you listen to the softer piece I posted after yours? Real Sami folk music features what they call yoiking. That may be the strange sounds you hear. It reminds me of the throat singers of Mongolia. I'll to find one. Sorry, also, to drag this out.
No worries, I just got my countries mixed up. I looked them up and they are definitely from Finland.

I did listen to the song you posted. I also noted the similarity to the throat singing. The Mongolian folk metal band I posted somewhere near the beginning, The HU, utilize that as well.

Reaction Score
No worries, I just got my countries mixed up. I looked them up and they are definitely from Finland.

I did listen to the song you posted. I also noted the similarity to the throat singing. The Mongolian folk metal band I posted somewhere near the beginning, The HU, utilize that as well.
I just listened to Hu. That's the sound, for sure. I can't imagine throat singers, who are "national treasures" would be making their own gold treasures by covering Metallica. Never too old to see something new, I guess. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom