Songs from Artists from your City or County (Metro) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Songs from Artists from your City or County (Metro)

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Before moving to Maine, I lived in Norwalk, CT for about 25 years.
In addition to diggerfoot, Norwalk is known for its native son, master of funk and hard bop, Horace Silver.

Um, I lived in Norfolk, northwest corner, population 1700. Thanks for the shout out though. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Lived in an Atlanta suburb back in the 70's for a couple years. Right on the Dekalb county line. Opens up a few musicals acts.

Remedy - The Black Crowes

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Another Atlanta. Saw them at the Big E last year. This is off their 2019 album.

Right As Rain - Collective Soul

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Another "Christian" "Rock" band out of Atlanta.

Love Addict - Family Force 5

Reaction Score
From New Bedford, Ma., Paul Clayton was a classic folk singer and folk archivist. He left his mark in Greenwich Village, and was a good friend of Bob Dylan. He had a tragic death, however, before reaching national acclaim.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Okay, I've been on the sidelines long enough. I'm not a Seattle native but I've been here more than 20 years, so I think I can claim it. This is like shooting fish in a barrel. I'll go with some less obvious ones.

Born here. Moved off to Austin after toiling away in the NW for years. Traded in her band for something slicker but less...something. Didn't really take off, pretty sure she moved back but I think she's been inactive for several years. Loved watching her at the dusty Tractor Tavern.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Mostly grew up in LA, but born in Seattle. After a long hiatus she returned using her given name (Alison Sudol) rather than the name here. Also an actress, best known for her role in the Harry Potter prequel series.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Spent my first year of college in Tacoma, so I can claim that too. This singer moved around quite a bit growing up but calls Tacoma her home town. Saw her back in the day when she was just getting started. I think that was the Tractor as well.

edit--huh, her name isn't listed on the clip but it's Neko Case

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This band was established in New York, but two of the original members including the lead singer are from Tacoma.

Reaction Score
I grew up in the Bronx. Since each of these styles of music originated there, I believe I can legitimately claim: Every doo-wop song; every hip-hop song; every rap song.

Thank you.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
After a year in Tacoma, I spent the rest of my college years in Ellensburg, WA, so I can claim this band too. They didn't hit it big like all the Seattle grunge bands, but they were contemporaries. I knew of them, never really listened to them. Dang, they sound as good as the much more well known bands to me.

Reaction Score
I grew up in the Bronx. Since each of these styles of music originated there, I believe I can legitimately claim: Every doo-wop song; every hip-hop song; every rap song.

Thank you.
Jack - we can also claim classic salsa - I believe "Che Che Cole" that I attached was actually recorded in our native borough in addition to being by Willie Colon our Bronx brother.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
When this thread first popped up, I figured there's no way there's any legit musicians from my tiny hometown of White Salmon, WA. But then I remembered this kid. He's younger than me, our paths didn't cross. He never made it really big time but he did go off to Nashville. He's probably got some original songs but it looks like mostly cover tunes on you tube. Fairly generic country, but not bad for little ol' White Salmon (we can also claim a multiple Olympic gold medal winning snowboarder, although he competed for Russia).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom