Songs from Artists from your City or County (Metro) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Songs from Artists from your City or County (Metro)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Jack - we can also claim classic salsa - I believe "Che Che Cole" that I attached was actually recorded in our native borough in addition to being by Willie Colon our Bronx brother.
You guys from the Bronx can claim another Willie Colon too. Born in the Bronx in 1983, played at Hofstra and for the Pittsburgh Steelers and later for the Jets, I wonder if the two Willie Colons are related. ;)

Reaction Score
Jack - we can also claim classic salsa - I believe "Che Che Cole" that I attached was actually recorded in our native borough in addition to being by Willie Colon our Bronx brother.
Excellent take. And, if you
Excellent observation. And, if you dug a little, you could probably find some classic show music written by native Bronxites.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
From Colorado, but long time member of the Seattle music scene. Drummer for a couple bands before going solo.

Reaction Score
This is some music from Jim Roderick, a retired teacher from Frostburg, Maryland who got together with a group of local musicians to put together an album entitled "Soft Horizons." Their sound reminds me of Spiro Gyra.

they sound great

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm still avoiding most of the obvious ones. As a side note, I looked at a wikipedia list of bands and musicians associated with Seattle...let's just say it's long. And quite influential. Anyway.

Carrie Akre was kind of a big deal locally, but didn't really bust out to widespread fame. She was with the band Hammerbox, then Goodness, and did some solo stuff. I better be careful, I'm giving myself a case of 90's nostalgia.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Another fairly obscure one. Their songs all seem to be fairly tongue in cheek.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A former classmate (and crush) from nursery school through elementary school.... N-Tyce had some success as a solo artist in the mid 1990s..... was in rotation on MTV and made an appearance on the Arsenio Hall show as part of an all female rap group.

Reaction Score
I haven't read all the replies yet but I'm guessing nobody has mentioned Joanie Weber. We went to the same small church (we're talking 25 maybe 30 attending services on a usual Sunday). Normally I'd have been banished to the church equivalent of the Thanksgiving "kids table," a.k.a. Sunday School, while parents were in church, but the Sunday after her record reached #1, we all went in and stared. Anybody I ever knew her called her Joanie, not Joan.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
i live in Norwalk Fairfield County CT. We have Diana Ross, Keith Richards (Stones), Village People, Jose Felicano, Neil Sedeka, Michale Bolton, John Mayer, Paul Simon, Meatloaf and a few others I can think of.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Here's one from someone I knew pretty well in Charlottesville. This is all done live, no tapes or anything.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This is another person from C'ville, who made it much bigger than Greg Howard, as a member of the Dave Matthews Band. He's a whale of a guitar player.

Reaction Score
I had taught school in Granite Falls, NC for 12 years prior to moving across the county line.

While not from my hometown (Waterbury/Naugatuck) the country singer Eric Church came from Granite. His mom was a teacher at our feeder elementary school, and his grandfather was the chief of police.

Also of note: While not a singer, I have a former student who was definitely notable at chin music. Sorry, Syndergaard, Madison Bumgarner owns October Madison Bumgarner: Best World Series Pitcher of All Time? Giants' Madison Bumgarner Sets Slew of Postseason Records

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
i live in Norwalk Fairfield County CT. We have Diana Ross, Keith Richards (Stones), Village People, Jose Felicano, Neil Sedeka, Michale Bolton, John Mayer, Paul Simon, Meatloaf and a few others I can think of.
I'm throwing the flag. This thread is about where these guys started. Not where they ended up when they made a ton of dough like you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom