Songs About Transportation | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Songs About Transportation

Reaction Score
I believe the only song in which Bob Dylan shares songwriting credit. He wrote the chorus in the 70’s and Ketch Secor from OCMS added verses in the 90’s.
Replying to my own post to pull the OCMS/Dylan string, this is not the only connection they have; OCMS recorded and released a terrific live album covering every song from Blonde On Blonde in 2017 from, I believe, the only live show they did on the material. Not a well known fact that Dylan recorded all but one cut on B O B, a very un-country record to be sure, in Nashville using all Nashville studio session musicians, along with Al Kooper and Robbie Robertson. Among those session musicians was Joe South of “Games People Play“ fame.

Reaction Score
And from Mark Knopfler, a story about a man and his truck.
Knopfler's music has become more Celtic over the years, and this is perhaps the most Celtic of them all. If you're into lyrics and really want to know, an Albion is a brand of truck, produced until 1972, with the slogan (heard in the song), "Sure as the Sunrise." For whatever it's worth, it's one of my favorite Knopfler tunes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom