Songs about seasons. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Songs about seasons.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i like this guy. his stuff is uniquely quirky.
'season of the witch' - hurricane season. big water. every other instant concern disappears into only one- where is the water? is it coming for me?

whut, we're u mebbe expecting 'catch the wind?'

prayers all around for all. this bastid has a long way to run.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
the event of the season isn't over till the sun is ripping, blazing, an screaming in like a laser, the noise goes away, and a look into that night's sky is a front row seat for the Milky Way.
bring it!

(never saw this before now, so i don't really know what they're saying before the best part. i think i heard some religious stuff before that.
don't know, don't care. unless they hate pizza, then that would cross the line for me. otherwise, seems like a nice tune to me.)

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Here's a song about the passing of seasons from Loreena McKennitt. This is a traditional song, generally associated with winter or Christmas. There are many titles and versions. Jacqui McShee did an a capella version on one of the Pentangle albums, which I think was called When I was in my Prime.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
. . .
(never saw this before now, so i don't really know what they're saying before the best part. i think i heard some religious stuff before that.
don't know, don't care. unless they hate pizza, then that would cross the line for me. otherwise, seems like a nice tune to me.)
Totally unrelated to the thread, but related to the highlighted text.

At the grocery store yesterday afternoon, I saw their store magazine had one-dish meals this month. (This is Giant; Stop and Shop and Hannaford's probably have the same magazine.) Overall it's quite good, but there is one recipe in there for "cheeseburger pizza." Sounds pretty straightforward -- I'd guess ground beef, some cheddar mixed in with the mozzarella. But I'd guess wrong.

I was right about ground beef and cheddar, but it also included sliced tomatoes (okay). If you faint easily, please don't read any further. Also pickles, lettuce, and . . . ranch dressing.

As one who was born and raised in the Connecticut Pizza Triangle, all I can say is "holy vomit Batman."

Reaction Score

Bruce Springsteen - Jole Blon 1981

Since I put a summer and winter song, I figured I should put fall and spring songs and complete the cycle of the four seasons with Springsteen.

I went with, “Girls in their summer clothes,” because summer was in the title, although my first inclination was to go with Backstreets (One soft infested summer me and Terry became friends.) Wintersong also had the season in the title. Fall and spring were a little tougher.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Here’s one from the wayback machine. This is the title song from Janis Ian’s second or third album. She re-released her first four albums in a box set, which I couldn’t resist. The first album is simply wonderful, the other three have their moments.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'summer. it turns me upside down.
summer, summer, summer, it's like a merry-go-round.'

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
She acts like summer and walks like rain,
she listens like spring and she talks like june...

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I see the girls walk by, dressed in their summer clothes

this is one of the weirdest tunes. first, i scan utube for the 'most popular' version, but that's just all words, shoving depression into ur mug nonstop. not cool. then, i find the best black and white hd version from wayback (one of those pop hit shows), but that's messed up too, becuz while i like it as a beat, the words are all dirge-like, and the folks in that video (60's) want to dance, but really can't becuz they realize the words are brutal. they kind of start, then stop, then look around, and so on.
'should i dance? who else is dancing?....'
since it seems to be used a pantload for war stuff, depressing, im going with this year's version of ugly war thing. seems appropriate.

this has too much russian z crap in it. good to know that today, the ukes took lyman. up urs, joboo. go back to ma's cow.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'they made up their minds,
and they started packing.
they left before the sun came up that day.
an exit to eternal summer slacking,
but where were they going without ever knowing the way?'

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'The summertime skirts and the guys in Kani
All the gang bangers forgot about the drive-by'

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics