songs about mythological things | Page 3 | The Boneyard

songs about mythological things

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
As I always understood it, Layla was inspired by an Arabian love story, so your additional info is good to know. Thank you. Regardless of that, Layla is one of my favorite songs, for all time. Eric Clapton and Jim Gordon created a true masterpiece. Too bad about Gordon, though. One of the best drummers of all time, but he suffered from too many demons running around in his head.
all time fav? me too.

Layla & Majnun (Arabic: مجنون ليلى‎ Majnūn Laylā, 'Layla's Mad Lover';[ is an old story of Arabic origin, about the 7th-century Najdi Bedouin poet Qays ibn al-Mulawwah and his ladylove Layla bint Mahdi (later known as Layla al-Aamiriya).
"The Layla-Majnun theme passed from Arabic to Persian, Turkish, and Indian languages", through the narrative poem composed in 584/1188 by the Persian poet Nizami Ganjavi, as the third part of his Khamsa. It is a popular poem praising their love story. Lord Byron called it "the Romeo and Juliet of the East." wiki.
of course, iffn u went back millenia before this, well, let's just say that a tiny figurine named 'lillth' was all over the place in canaan.

more stories of 'guys and dolls.' lol.

Reaction Score
Shambhala is a mythical Buddhist kingdom that is said to exist somewhere between the Himalaya Mountains and the Gobi Desert. In Shambhala, all of the citizens have achieved enlightenment, so it is the embodiment of Tibetan Buddhist perfection.

Reaction Score
I've got to get this one in here if it's only for the name of the band. Their sound is, shall we say, eclectic. Not for everyone, but interesting. I give you "The Kraken" from the Squirrel Nut Zippers.

Reaction Score

• An instrumental from the first Emerson, Lake & Palmer album, "The Three Fates" is based on the Greek legend of the Moirai, three women that determined one's destiny. The song is a suite divided into three parts, each representing one of the Moirai.

Clotho - The spinner of the thread.

Lachesis - She who measures the thread.

Atropos - The one who cuts the thread.

Reaction Score
As a former space cowboy it was appreciated when Steve recorded this. ;)

A quote from Miles Davis:

I remember one time - it might have been a couple times - at the Fillmore East in 1970, I was opening for this sorry-xxx cat named Steve Miller. Steve Miller didn't have his going for him, so I'm pissed because I got to open for this non-playing motherxxxxxx just because he had one or two sorry-ass records out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom