songs about mythological things | Page 2 | The Boneyard

songs about mythological things

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
And while we’re on the devil, the False Knight in this song is the devil, playing a riddle game for the wee boy’s soul:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well, I guess it depends on whose mythology of which you speak, but this one is Norse.
There is mythology from many (all?) cultures. All of them are of interest.

Reaction Score

The noun for "night" in the Semitic languages is derived from the tri-consonantal root: L-Y-L, also found in Arabic laylah "night" (Arabic: ليلى‎). The root is also shared with the Hebrew noun liliyt, "night creature", one origin of the Lilith myth

As I always understood it, Layla was inspired by an Arabian love story, so your additional info is good to know. Thank you. Regardless of that, Layla is one of my favorite songs, for all time. Eric Clapton and Jim Gordon created a true masterpiece. Too bad about Gordon, though. One of the best drummers of all time, but he suffered from too many demons running around in his head.

Reaction Score
Per Google: In Welsh mythology, Rhiannon is a horse goddess depicted in the Mabinogion. She is similar in many aspects to the Gaulish Epona, and later evolved into a goddess of sovereignty who protected the king from treachery.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom