Song or Artist with a number or ordinal number | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Song or Artist with a number or ordinal number

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
To be honest, I have some difficulty in appreciating Near Eastern music. Perhaps Amr Diab, and Anoushka from Egypt or Turkey's Suzen Aksu are easier to listen to, but others are unfamiliar to me. Maybe I should explore more artists, to be fair. One singer from Israel does have a voice I like, Chava Alberstein, is pretty well known in Europe. This song is very moving, if you listen to the translation, or speak Yiddish. It's worth a listen. She introduces it in English. (Sorry for OT misstep)

I certainly understand. It's such a different musical paradigm, at so many levels (melodic structure, vocal phrasing, etc.).

I always encourage people to at least become familiar with the two colossi of Arab song, Umm Kulthum and Fairouz. Both completely transcended their craft to be cultural icons.

I attended a Fairouz concert in Detroit in 2003, and to this day that remains the most beautiful sound that my ears have ever heard live. Her accompanying orchestra was stunning in the acoustics of Detroit's lushly restored Fox Theatre.

Reaction Score
I certainly understand. It's such a different musical paradigm, at so many levels (melodic structure, vocal phrasing, etc.).

I always encourage people to at least become familiar with the two colossi of Arab song, Umm Kulthum and Fairouz. Both completely transcended their craft to be cultural icons.

I attended a Fairouz concert in Detroit in 2003, and to this day that remains the most beautiful sound that my ears have ever heard live. Her accompanying orchestra was stunning in the acoustics of Detroit's lushly restored Fox Theatre.
Good recommendation. I've listened to about half of her "Morning" songs. Yes, she has a great accompanying orchestra. Like everything, you have to give it a fair chance and I'll do that. My next challenge will be to try native American music again.
R. Carlos Nokai flute music is good but... Any suggestions from anyone?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

Laudy Miss Claudy, Slipperman, IQ is amazing! I'd never heard of them, now they're probably my next obsession. I'm not familiar with much prog between about 1980 and 2000.

Reaction Score
Could've gone with Chamber of 32 Doors from the same album -- I assume your moniker came from the same?
you're right about 32 doors. not sure how i missed it considering it is a favorite of mine. feel free to post it.
you are correct sir..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom