Something needs to happen... Or we need new rumors... | The Boneyard

Something needs to happen... Or we need new rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's been too long with these same rumors and no movement. This whole ACC getting picked apart, while interesting at first, is becoming a Nancy Grace saga that won't go away.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Read more and understand the important dates. Its coming soon.
B12 new commish date
Acc notify looking date
Bcs talk dates
Etc. middle july things will be interesting.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It's been too long with these same rumors and no movement. This whole ACC getting picked apart, while interesting at first, is becoming a Nancy Grace saga that won't go away.

We might actually have to focus on the actual teams that play the games?!? What?!?! No?!?!

I have to agree though that we need something new to keep us interested on this section of the board! It's the off-season and nothing exciting is happening.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Next upcoming BCS meeting Wednesday June 13 in Chicago
NCAA Division I Conference Commissioners Association meeting June 19-20 in Chicago
BCS Presidential Oversight Committee meeting June 26 in Washington.
BCS executive director Bill Hancock said the hope was to have a plan in place by July 4
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the OrangeBowl is reduced to a $5 million per team bowl (generous) watch the sparks fly.

6 reasons for FSU to leave:
  1. B12 estimated base contract: $2.5 mil more than the ACC.
  2. B12 Championship Game: $2 mil per team.
  3. Jerry Jones Bowl B12/SEC. $2 mil per team
  4. Additional Tier 3 rights: $4 mil
  5. BCS playoff cut: Est at $2 mil per team more for the Big 4 conferences.
  6. Other Bowls: $1 mil per B12 team est. more than ACC.
------------------------------------------------------------

Possible $13.5 mil difference over 12 years. FSU would need to pay $2 mil year to pay off the $20 mil and would face a 4 year phase in. 67%, 75%, 87% in years 1-3. Likely at least a $100 mil difference over 12 years no matter how its cut.

Orange Bowl is reduced to a barking dog begging the BE/ND Champ to play..

Reaction Score
i just saw a tweet that the PAC12 is interested in adding Duke and Maryland. Maryland is ready to go but Duke said they'd only consider it if UNC goes as well and they want a Big Mac. is that rumor new enough for you?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The insiders on the WVU board seem to be hedging a bit lately. I think there is some significant internal opposition to the Big 12 at FSU. I think FSU would be crazy to stay, but I am not the one making the decision.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If FSU and Clemson stay put at the end of the summer, what do we talk about? Idaho and New Mexico?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If fsu and clem say nO? Its byu lville cincy in that order for 12. They will go to 12 for 2013 no doubt.

Reaction Score
I saw this posted on another message board. Ethridge is a Baylor guy.

This came from Ethridge a couple of days ago. After the FSU BOT meeting;
Just got a call to confirm:

1. This is still going forward

2. ACC schools are making it tough on FSU/CU by threatening litigation if they can't come along

3. Notre Dame isn't happening this year

4. Stopping at 12 for now

5. Bowlsby will be the one to take the applications, Neinas can't have the blood of clients on his hands

6. Even if Haggard steps down or doesn't want re-election the new BOT Chair will get the move done

7. Many believe the new guy needs to take over after the bomb Haggard dropped 2+ weeks ago to free up any possible litigation

8. Barron was to make a statement today and didn't do it.

Reaction Score
Neinas already has blood of clients on his hands. Ours.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think the litigation risk is completely manufactured and a cop out excuse if this expansion doesn't happen. Anyone can sue, but the chance of a successful litigation by the ACC or its members in this situation is very small.

Reaction Score
i just saw a tweet that the PAC12 is interested in adding Duke and Maryland. Maryland is ready to go but Duke said they'd only consider it if UNC goes as well and they want a Big Mac. is that rumor new enough for you?
I actually read somewhere that the Pac12 was looking target the east coast. I thought the targets were UVA, Duke, UNC, and MD. Gets them to 16, and keeps a geographical rivaly for the east coast schools.
If Uconn were on that list, I wonder if we'd consider. Invite probably isn't realistic because the Pac12 has already hit their quota on Huskies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
So you want something to happen, huh?

Well I dunno, maybe if one of us can score some primo catnip and show Conspiracy Kitty a good time...

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
President Clements was also at the event and during his remarks mentioned that the ACC "should be pretty nervous right about now." Those were public remarks to an exclusively WVU
crowd, so take them for what they’re worth.

http://www.smokingmusket.com/2012/6...-interesting-man-in-the-world-and-i-can-prove
It's hard to take these WVU characters seriously. Once they realized they could trigger a sh!tstorm using the internet, a wall and a few rumors to toss at said wall, it was all over.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It appears that the Big 12 is having some issues in closing Clemson and FSU. BYU and Louisville are rumored to be back on the table for the Big 12. This would royally suck for UConn if true.

Reaction Score
It appears that the Big 12 is having some issues in closing Clemson and FSU. BYU and Louisville are rumored to be back on the table for the Big 12. This would royally suck for UConn if true.

This was.tossed out around noon (and yes, I realize it's Twitter): “@GSwaim: #B1G source in Chicago at #BCS meetings telling us that #ND agreeing in principle to go to #Big12 as non-football member.”

This has all the Clemson bloggers spun up tight after Dabo's comments yesterday.

What a freaking cluster..

Edited out Manast (figured most won't get the reference )

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the worst part about that is the bball schools will bitch about adding a xavier type lol.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This was.tossed out around noon (and yes, I realize it's Twitter): “@GSwaim: #B1G source in Chicago at #BCS meetings telling us that #ND agreeing in principle to go to #Big12 as non-football member.

Does that make any sense at all? All I've been hearing about for the past 24 hours is that ND is apparently negotiating a contract with NBC that could land them in between 20 and 24 million dollars. Of course, I'm not sure how strong the evidence of that is. But if it's true, there would be no reason to join the Big12 at all. Zero.

Reaction Score
Agreed... There is so much information, intentional misinformation, conjecture, and plain old BS floating around it's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
just ignore what ever i say, swam says or what any school pres or bot member says, the rest is great info.

pj

Reaction Score
Does that make any sense at all? All I've been hearing about for the past 24 hours is that ND is apparently negotiating a contract with NBC that could land them in between 20 and 24 million dollars. Of course, I'm not sure how strong the evidence of that is. But if it's true, there would be no reason to join the Big12 at all. Zero.

No reason to join for football, but their other sports need a home, and the New Big East -- with Boise, SDSU, Memphis, Houston, SMU, UCF, USF, Cincinatti, Temple -- isn't necessarily the company they want to keep.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
No reason to join for football, but their other sports need a home, and the New Big East -- with Boise, SDSU, Memphis, Houston, SMU, UCF, USF, Cincinatti, Temple -- isn't necessarily the company they want to keep.

That's ridiculous. Really. The company they want to keep is NYC, Washington DC, Philly, Chicago, etc. Being in Dallas and Houston doesn't hurt either. Are you telling me that they want to go to the Big12 with their Olympic-only's in order to play TCU, Baylor, Iowa State, etc.?? Right now, they still get to play against UConn, Ville, Georgetown, Nova, St. Johns, Marquette, Cincy, etc. And Memphis in a non-football capacity is not bad for ND either.

All this talk about ND to the ACC was about them wanting to keep their eastern ties. Now, all of the sudden, they're willing to forsake the east coast for a non-football move?? I'll believe it when I see it...

Reaction Score
When is everyone going to realize that the Big 12 NEEDS FSU and Clemson to be considered a stable power conference? The Big 12 is doing everything they can to convince everyone they are the 4th power conference ahead of the ACC, but they need 12 teams with a conference championship. Think about it for a minute. The Big 12 lost Nebraska, Texas A&M, Missouri, and Colorado, and the two replacements so far are West Virginia and TCU. If they added BYU and Louisville to go to 12, this may not be a top 4 conference, especially if FSU gets their act together and the ACC becomes more relevant.

Don't forget, Texas explored their options for joining other conferences and Oklahoma was begging the Big 1G and PAC 12 to join. The Big 12 becomes stable if FSU or ND joins for all sports. Otherwise, the conference remains risky even with the Grant of Rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom