Someone got their panties | The Boneyard

Someone got their panties

Reaction Score
In a bunch over UConn posted statistics, on the Irish board. Just for edification.,Geno does not complie the statistics , someone else does.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Sounds like a severe case of stats envy...!

Reaction Score
There seems to be a lot of Irish paranoia on UConn sites since April too. A lot. Was it posted by a ND fan? Or was it about the same as the Vols fan coming to the Boneyard and crowing about Horston? Arch enemies are a good thing for college sports.

Reaction Score
Irish listed three 2017-2018 statistics that listed three different #s for the same years and blamed Geno for the errors. Guess MM compiles their #s but UConn can afford to hire people to do that job.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Irish listed three 2017-2018 statistics that listed three different #s for the same years and blamed Geno for the errors. Guess MM compiles their #s but UConn can afford to hire people to do that job.
The ND stats used to be compiled by Chris Masters don't know if Chris is still at ND but he's a quality dude. If you need to know ANYTHING about ND women's basketball ask Chris. Chris once arranged for me to have media credentials and sit on media row for my daughter's basketball game.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I guess you need to be in a secret (ND Board readers) society to understand this thread. I rather stay ignorant.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The ND stats used to be compiled by Chris Masters don't know if Chris is still at ND but he's a quality dude. If you need to know ANYTHING about ND women's basketball ask Chris. Chris once arranged for me to have media credentials and sit on media row for my daughter's basketball game.

Masters moved on to working for the Big Ten conference. He was excellent.

Reaction Score
A regular poster onthe ND board complained about our reported statistics for 2017-2018 that listed different #s for those Same years. I think someone messed up the #s on the UConn end and the poster said that Geno was cheating. Since I don’t post there and they read here I said that Geno does not complie the list, joking tha MM must do theirs
Masters moved on to working for the Big Ten conference. He was excellent.

See they do read our board, some post on here too.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Classy.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Some day I’ll share some of the crazy stuff Chris used to post on the old espn board. That guy was wound up pretty tight.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Some day I’ll share some of the crazy stuff Chris used to post on the old espn board. That guy was wound up pretty tight.
You should hear me after watching the news or talking to "Objectivist", "Measurements tell the whole story", or "Digits are digits and are thus perfect" so called audiophiles. I'm burning just thinking of them.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

It actually was the site that used to be the espn board. Chris did not post under his own name and I did not confuse him with another poster. Truly bizarre that the media rep of a major Div 1 program would go to such lengths as to post on a board filled with crazies but he clearly believed his job was to defend Muffet everywhere and defend her he did.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Mystery solved and it took 5 minutes.

UConn's site shows previous seasons's stats in two places: Archives and Stat links. Last season's FG shooting numbers I get from the archives match exactly those from the NCAA site and are the same used by herhoopstats. FGM/FGA: 1290/2422. BTW, I always go to archives for official stats from previous seasons. The stats link providing a previous year's stats as opposed to just the current year's is new, at least to me.

In any event, the Stats link numbers are different: 1246/2353. The discrepancy looked like a game is missing. Sure enough, a quick scroll through the game by game link showed 0 numbers for the Temple game. Add in those numbers -- 44/69 -- and voila we have a match.

BTW, the missing numbers didn't really impact UConn's overall offensive numbers. One has to wonder about the point of the exercise other than to show very little thinking.

Last edited:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Gotta wonder if those ND players who were injured last season dont come back at 100% how good will ND be?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Gotta wonder if those ND players who were injured last season dont come back at 100% how good will ND be?
The key will be Turner everyone else is sort of gravy for ND. Turner should be fine because she was actually injured March 21, 2017, not last season. She will have been been away for 20 months when she suits up again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom