Somebody tell Megan Walker | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Somebody tell Megan Walker

Reaction Score
With all due respect, somebody tell Megan that it's alright to accept the challenge of playing at Uconn and struggle to learn the ropes. I'm sure she'll thrive next year. For the rest of this season she'll probably represent a freshman work in progress.

Reaction Score
I said the post was crazy.
I don't even know the poster personally.

I'm sure he or she is a wonderful person.

We are all entitled to our opinion. I’ve enjoyed the discussion overall. I do bristle a bit about the “craziest thing” ever read comment. The comment may be an indication more reading is in order.

Reaction Score
Huh? No, just no! Geno has said many, many, many tomes over many, many years to many, many talented freshman, sophomores and Juniors these same thing that Husky described. He also says to trust your teammates and they do that for each other. Each of these upper classman has been thru exactly what she is going thru so THEY KNOW WHO SHE IS. Which in that first bullit I found highly offensive.
2. She is capable as many of us have seen her in HS, AAU or USA hoop games do exactly these things.
3. No UConn player comes here to go at their own pace, if they did, we would be Tennessee. They come to be pushed and evolve.
It’s almost as if you have not followed the program. Are you trying to troll? Did you have a bad morning, did the power go out? Your retort was not logical.

I did not intend to offend. I certainly should have been more clear. I meant she should show opponents who she is. I know Geno loves this comment: my bad!

Reaction Score
We are all entitled to our opinion. I’ve enjoyed the discussion overall. I do bristle a bit about the “craziest thing” ever read comment. The comment may be an indication more reading is in order.

Agreed. It's not the craziest thing I've ever read.

We're all fans. If it was harsh, my bad. Keep on posting since i do enjoy your posts.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Just being real. I just write the truth.
What you think is the truth. She hasn't shown the ability to take over two minutes in a game? Clearly you have missed some games. Not many, but some.

Reaction Score
I would ask that you consider Katie Lou and Pheesa's first year which they shared with Morgan Tuck, Briana Stewart and Moriah Jefferson. In the second year, when you were not under that star struck shadow of greatness, these two women blossomed into All Americans. I should think, that patience is virtue in this instance and allow this talented young women progress at her pace and everyone will be pleasantly content.
My sentiments exactly!

Reaction Score
Okay Ms. Walker, it’s time. It’s time to stop deferring to the upper classmen. It’s time to stop being “humble.” It’s time to embrace your future greatness because the future is now. You are the best player in your class. Accept it, go get it. Don’t be afraid to make a mistake. Just be confident enough, smart enough to not make the same mistake twice. Let today be the first day of the Walker era. Show them who you are....
(Just saw Black Panther...feeling some sorta way, so...)
Don't let the blowback get to you. I just watched the most recent Geno Auriemma Show. He spoke of his unhappiness with freshmen who are content to bide their time, and his preference for those who are bound and determined to make him play them now.

Reaction Score
Sounds good but that's never going to happen.

1. Why should Lou and the upperclassmen defer to HER? Who the heck is SHE and what has SHE accomplished?

2. Maybe she's not even capable of doing what u say?!? Maybe she's not capable now and maybe she will not be capable of such actions next year.

Maybe Megan should continue to grow at her pace. She will become the best player she can under the best coaching staff in the world.
I suggest that you watch the latest (2/16/18) Geno Auriemma Show (or as you prefer to say, the Justine Ward Show). He and the OP are on the same page. You might consider slowing your roll.

JS

Reaction Score
I said the post was crazy.
I don't even know the poster personally.
The maxim "Attack the post, not the poster" has its limits.

If you go around saying other people's posts are crazy, or stupid, or moronic, etc., you might as well say the poster is that way. Either way, you're going to get negative reactions (as you have) and attract our attention as someone who doesn't play nice (as you have).

Saying you're only speaking the truth is lame. Your "truth" is debatable and needn't also be somebody else's insult.

A little circumspection before posting disrespectful stuff would be helpful. Think on it. Carefully.

Reaction Score
What you think is the truth. She hasn't shown the ability to take over two minutes in a game? Clearly you have missed some games. Not many, but some.

I don't think so. I was in person for most of the XL games. I sit usually 6-8th row.
But if you think she's dominated stretches for games I guess I will defer to you.

Reaction Score
I suggest that you watch the latest (2/16/18) Geno Auriemma Show (or as you prefer to say, the Justine Ward Show). He and the OP are on the same page. You might consider slowing your roll.

That's wonderful. I hope she flourishes. If you review my original response I don't think the upperclassmen should defer to any bench player.

I didn't say I don't think she's going to be good, nor did I say I don't root for her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom