Somebody tell Megan Walker | The Boneyard

Somebody tell Megan Walker

Reaction Score
Okay Ms. Walker, it’s time. It’s time to stop deferring to the upper classmen. It’s time to stop being “humble.” It’s time to embrace your future greatness because the future is now. You are the best player in your class. Accept it, go get it. Don’t be afraid to make a mistake. Just be confident enough, smart enough to not make the same mistake twice. Let today be the first day of the Walker era. Show them who you are....
(Just saw Black Panther...feeling some sorta way, so...)

Reaction Score
Okay Ms. Walker, it’s time. It’s time to stop deferring to the upper classmen. It’s time to stop being “humble.” It’s time to embrace your future greatness because the future is now. You are the best player in your class. Accept it, go get it. Don’t be afraid to make a mistake. Just be confident enough, smart enough to not make the same mistake twice. Let today be the first day of the Walker era. Show them who you are....

Most of all this I agree with. You and I know she has greatness within her. Apparently Geno knows that too or she'd be sitting for whole games. I speak of Geno's uniqueness another "Genoism" is when he injects a talented kid (freshman or senior) he expect them to do something to make a change, minor or big, to the current game. Walker can do that. She is doing well in learning Geno's defense, she showed in at least one game that she can score.
Geno's system is: if you have a good shot and a teammate has a better shot, make the pass. I fear Megan thinks all these talented upper class-men have better shots. If only Geno could give her kick in the keister and get her attention!

Reaction Score

Sounds good but that's never going to happen.

1. Why should Lou and the upperclassmen defer to HER? Who the heck is SHE and what has SHE accomplished?

2. Maybe she's not even capable of doing what u say?!? Maybe she's not capable now and maybe she will not be capable of such actions next year.

Maybe Megan should continue to grow at her pace. She will become the best player she can under the best coaching staff in the world.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

1. Why should Lou and the upperclassmen defer to HER? Who the heck is SHE and what has SHE accomplished?

2. Maybe she's not even capable of doing what u say?!? Maybe she's not capable now and maybe she will not be capable of such actions next year.

Maybe Megan should continue to grow at her pace. She will become the best player she can under the best coaching staff in the world.
tenor.gif

Reaction Score

1. I don't recall saying the upperclassmen should defer to Megan. The post isn't about what she has accomplished. Its about the possibilities.
2. I clearly believe she is capable. Time will tell.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

Boy, it sounds like your day is going well so far!

Reaction Score
Boy, it sounds like your day is going well so far!

The post says she should stop deferring to the upper class men. It's just the craziest think I've ever read.
Again why would the upperclassmen allow this it's just madness.

It's just a crazy post.

We all hope megan continues to grow, so let's just let it happen. No deferring going on
The upper class men would laugh at that post

Reaction Score
I would ask that you consider Katie Lou and Pheesa's first year which they shared with Morgan Tuck, Briana Stewart and Moriah Jefferson. In the second year, when you were not under that star struck shadow of greatness, these two women blossomed into All Americans. I should think, that patience is virtue in this instance and allow this talented young women progress at her pace and everyone will be pleasantly content.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

Huh? No, just no! Geno has said many, many, many tomes over many, many years to many, many talented freshman, sophomores and Juniors these same thing that Husky described. He also says to trust your teammates and they do that for each other. Each of these upper classman has been thru exactly what she is going thru so THEY KNOW WHO SHE IS. Which in that first bullit I found highly offensive.
2. She is capable as many of us have seen her in HS, AAU or USA hoop games do exactly these things.
3. No UConn player comes here to go at their own pace, if they did, we would be Tennessee. They come to be pushed and evolve.
It’s almost as if you have not followed the program. Are you trying to troll? Did you have a bad morning, did the power go out? Your retort was not logical.

Reaction Score
Huh? No, just no! Geno has said many, many, many tomes over many, many years to many, many talented freshman, sophomores and Juniors these same thing that Husky described. He also says to trust your teammates and they do that for each other. Each of these upper classman has been thru exactly what she is going thru so THEY KNOW WHO SHE IS. Which in that first bullit I found highly offensive.
2. She is capable as many of us have seen her in HS, AAU or USA hoop games do exactly these things.
3. No UConn player comes here to go at their own pace, if they did, we would be Tennessee. They come to be pushed and evolve.
It’s almost as if you have not followed the program. Are you trying to troll? Did you have a bad morning, did the power go out? Your retort was not logical.

Why should she stop deferring to the upper class men.

Who even knows if she is deffering?
She hadn't shown the ability to take over two minutes let alone a game.

Why would i be having a bad day if I disagree with a post. No need to attack me, but I suppose u can if u must.

Reaction Score
The post says she should stop deferring to the upper class men. It's just the craziest think I've ever read.
Again why would the upperclassmen allow this it's just madness.

It's just a crazy post.

We all hope megan continues to grow, so let's just let it happen. No deferring going on
The upper class men would laugh at that post
If you are looking for something negative out of a post, you will certainly find it. The original post was merely, imo, pointing out that by this time of the season freshmen are no longer freshmen, sort of like Freshmores!

MW was not the number high school player by accident, she earned it! That said, in the last 10-11 years there have been several UConn freshmen who have taken "the bull by the horns" and established themselves as future forces by the end of their freshman year. Maya Moore came out of the gate not deferring to the upperclassmen and is the one freshman who, imo, had no Freshman Wall to overcome. Bria, KML, Stewie, Kia Nurse (though she is obviously not as naturally talented as MW), and KLS, to name a few, all took that step by the end of their freshman year that said, "Watch out next year!"

So by now, MW should have the confidence to take that open shot or drive to the basket as long as it is a good shot, rather than making the extra pass (unless her teammate has a " better" shot!). Geno even mentioned in his press conference during practice yesterday (or Friday) that he wants MW to stop settling for corner 3s, but to drive to the basket (he even joked that she would probably pick up charges, but at least she would try to do other things). If Geno feels MW needs to step up and be more aggressive and use her basketball gifts, then who are we to say she should wait!

This was all said in my most humblest voice!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Why should she stop deferring to the upper class men.

Who even knows if she is deffering?
She hadn't shown the ability to take over two minutes let alone a game.

Why would i be having a bad day if I disagree with a post. No need to attack me, but I suppose u can if u must.

I am hoping that there's a bit of sarcasm going on in @ Bama fan's post but if not, I agree with you.

Reaction Score
I am hoping that there's a bit of sarcasm going on in @ Bama fan's post but if not, I agree with you.

Thank u. I've already been called a troll due to my response. I don't see where I'm being unfair. I don't understand some posters venom either ha

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I'm having a great day. What did I type that you disagree with. I'm happy to have a discussion about it.
What is the point of having a discussion with someone who accuses another poster of being crazy? And then continues on in an overly arguementitive way
Certainly there is quite a bit of sarcasm going on, but for a poster to accuse another poster of being crazy, and then to complain about being disabused is more than irrational, bordering on self pity, and unhelpful. Do not disagree with the premise but the attitude. Lighten up and enjoy the game today. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
What is the point of having a discussion with someone who accuses another poster of being crazy? And then continues on in an overly arguementitive way

Certainly there is quite a bit of sarcasm going on, but for a poster to accuse another poster of being crazy, and then to complain about being disabused is more than irrational, bordering on self pity, and unhelpful. Do not disagree with the premise but the attitude. Lighten up and enjoy the game today. Go Huskies!

I said the post was crazy.
I don't even know the poster personally.

I'm sure he or she is a wonderful person.

Reaction Score
I like to see upper classmen make an extra effort to "involve" freshmen on the offensive end. I think that encourages them and gives them a bit more confidence. Considering the lack of competition in most UConn games, it's pretty easy to "set up" someone for success, like Walker. Our starting 5 loves to shoot. Knowing this will not go over well here, when Megan is on the court I don't see this happening much. I'd love to see plays run for her to get her more involved. It goes to the coaches, more than the players, to get this done. Fire away!

Reaction Score
1. I don't recall saying the upperclassmen should defer to Megan. The post isn't about what she has accomplished. Its about the possibilities.
2. I clearly believe she is capable. Time will tell.

Uconn top to bottom is a TEAM. The Seniors help the FROSH, every year! Deference isn't a term used with teammates. But in a game or 3 back when Megan came in Gabby and Kia deliberately made passes to Megan for Megan to score, she didn't. But the point of that is that those Seniors knew the kid needed a score to get her mojo working. I believe they believe all she needs to do is score a bit and the damn may break.
Geno believes in Megan but he too is a bit frustrated that she is slow in being all he believes she can and should be, that WILL happen.

Reaction Score
If you are looking for something negative out of a post, you will certainly find it. The original post was merely, imo, pointing out that by this time of the season freshmen are no longer freshmen, sort of like Freshmores!

MW was not the number high school player by accident, she earned it! That said, in the last 10-11 years there have been several UConn freshmen who have taken "the bull by the horns" and established themselves as future forces by the end of their freshman year. Maya Moore came out of the gate not deferring to the upperclassmen and is the one freshman who, imo, had no Freshman Wall to overcome. Bria, KML, Stewie, Kia Nurse (though she is obviously not as naturally talented as MW), and KLS, to name a few, all took that step by the end of their freshman year that said, "Watch out next year!"

So by now, MW should have the confidence to take that open shot or drive to the basket as long as it is a good shot, rather than making the extra pass (unless her teammate has a " better" shot!). Geno even mentioned in his press conference during practice yesterday (or Friday) that he wants MW to stop settling for corner 3s, but to drive to the basket (he even joked that she would probably pick up charges, but at least she would try to do other things). If Geno feels MW needs to step up and be more aggressive and use her basketball gifts, then who are we to say she should wait!

This was all said in my most humblest voice!

Yeah. Good post.

We are all rooting for Megan to shine

Reaction Score
Can you believe that all these "CRAZY" posts about DEFERENCE started with this:

Geno's system is: if you have a good shot and a teammate has a better shot, make the pass. I fear Megan thinks all these talented upper class-men have better shots. If only Geno could give her kick in the keister and get her attention!

The partial phrase : I fear: is a sister to:===== I believe, it's possible, it could be. This is an attempt to understand Megan's issues. Because Megan has shown she can score, the exact number alludes me but it's about 20 points in one game.

It is possible to disagree without being disagreeable or the use of disagreeable terms.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom