Some thoughts | The Boneyard

Some thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
We have a great team, especially when we get Brimah back. We are finally finding a good rotation but it can use a few tweaks IMO.

One we shouldn't play Phil anymore. He simply doesn't bring enough to the table at his position. We need rebounding and finishing at C and he is our worst big for that. I'd rather let Steve develop who has looked really good at times then wasting minutes with Phil.

When Brimah comes back I'd like to keep seeing Facey get extended minutes. He does a decent job in protecting the basket and is the best rebounder on the team. He's active and does a great job of finishing easy baskets which is all we need from that spot most times.

Hamilton has a lot of skill but he is the most frustrating player in the team to me because he should be one of the best players in college basketball. He needs to do a better job of positioning himself on the offensive end. He is the best playmaker for others among our guards and wings but the worst at creating his own easy shot. I would like to see him post up more and be more physical with the guys guarding him rather than to try and move around instead of through his defenders all the time. We need him to be an alpha dog because that's all we need to make a deep run. Rodney has the heart for it but simply doesn't have the IQ or decision making to be it. We need Hamilton to step up and get hungry.

Still very excited about our future with Jalen and Enoch as two GREAT pieces to lead it.

Reaction Score
Brimah coming back will just make this team deeper. Right now Kentan is playing just fine and this is probably helping us in the long haul whether we know it or not.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Nolan's block and save, while it's something that will be forgotten about by tomorrow, was actually a critical play at a critical moment. I'm not saying we should start him and play him 30 minutes, but I'm not ready to permanently nail him to the bench just yet.

Reaction Score
Odd we haven't seen much of Enoch if at all since Brimah went down, he played some nice minutes vs UMD

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Nolan has experience, Enoch has the upside. Nolan had 1 good play which was big, but not enough of a contribution to justify what he does.

Tonight showed improvement as a team and a better defined role for players. Hopefully the upward trend can continue.

Reaction Score
Odd we haven't seen much of Enoch if at all since Brimah went down, he played some nice minutes vs UMD
He did play a lot against CCSU. He played well offensively but not defensively which is what KO preaches for his bigs.

Reaction Score
Brimah coming back will just make this team deeper. Right now Kentan is playing just fine and this is probably helping us in the long haul whether we know it or not.
The perimeter players can't simply rely on Brimah any more to clean up their sloppiness. Will probably help us long term in that they'll have to work extra hard to keep players in front of them, and when Brimah comes back hopefully that carries through.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The block was great but that's the only good play I can remember from him all game. He can't get contested rebounds and he does a terrible job contesting drives because he could barely get off the ground. I just feel like game time would be the best practice for Steve to keep developing because he's shown a lot of flashes and we could use his rebounding, big body, and finishing down there over Phil.

I think this break will be good for the team since everyone has to step up more without him. The team seemed to lean on him a lot defensively and rebound wise. It's good to see guys learn to step up more consistently without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom